chapter xv

Beidou tapped her foot impatiently as she waits for her lady to come down from the Jade Chamber. She only realized by then that she have arrived way too early and Ningguang must have been still choosing her best clothes.

She grabbed her flask and started to drink the contents inside it. As she drank her daily beer, she was suddenly reminded by the past when Ningguang would take half an hour just by choosing clothes which were all similar anyways.

It is a mild sunny day. She glanced at the top of the chamber, a hand shading her eye from the sunlight, "Where is she now?" she muttered.

The captain wore a formal attire because they will be attending an elegant gathering. She even wore her red pirate coat to tell everyone on the boat that she is the one that they have been rumoring about.

But clearly she just want to flex at Ningguang..

A few moments later, Ningguang went down from her Jade Chamber who looked like she struggled at finding any clothes. She looked dazzling as ever, she wore a semi-formal dress matched with a white coat.

She walked towards the captain whose jaw was dropped the whole time. Ganyu accompanied beside her however she was wearing decent clothes.

"Beidou, Beidou." at last she went back to her senses when she snapped her fingers, "How early." she was amused.

"You look pretty and sexy, my lady." her eyes trailed her.

Ningguang would always smile whenever she satisfies her love, "Really?" the captain's hands held her waist which she took it as a yes.

They wore modern clothes which caught the eyes of the bystanders because people rarely wore them in this city.

The two have been flirting that they forgot Ganyu so she cleared her throat. Ningguang was suddenly reminded, "Thank you, you may now continue with your work." she replied. Ganyu nodded then left hastily.

"Hmm? No secretary?" she wondered but Ningguang was too busy admiring her from top to buttom and how the pirate coat complemented her fashion.

"Indeed," she was startled for a moment, "Ganyu had been procrastinating ever since Keqing entered her life."

Beidou laughed, dusting off some dirt on her clothes, "Makes sense." she then offered a palm at her.

The tianquan rolled her eyes then smiled after, "Oh, captain." she mumbled. She is the only one who treats her like a queen or perhaps a very fragile thing.

They've walked hand to hand, completely silent for quite time as their hearts started to beat uncontrollably. As they walked, two blue pretty boys went past them.

"They look grand," Ningguang commented with a smile on her lips, "How adorable they are."

The captain nodded, "Just like us," she looked over her, "If you hadn't been so secretive." she joked.

Ningguang slapped her shoulder playfully, "You never fail to piss me off." then both of them laughed.

However, a few bystanders looked at them. Some were in awe and some were confused. It was a rare sight for them since they also knew about their tragic unusual relationship in the past.

Beidou felt uncomfortable with the stares but she was used to it, "Darn people." she scowled at some who were throwing disgust looks at her or them.

Ningguang held her hand tighter, "Oh, don't mind them. I am sure people at the Pearl Galley are worse." her tone was upset.

"Bummer," she mumbled, "Are you really sure you want to take me?" she stopped dead on her tracks but she still held Ningguang's hand.

"What do you mean?" she was confused.