━━ chapter nine.

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘❝ 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐅 𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 ❞

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘
❝ 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐅 𝐈𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 ❞

WANDA WATCHED her past self sitting quietly on her bed in the Avenger's compound, watching the reruns of Malcolm in the Middle playing on the television screen. She could sense Vision's presence. Their powers were linked. They were one, connected together by the Mind Stone.

"Vision." past Wanda speaks. Instantly, Vision phases through the walls and enters her room. The android takes a seat next to past Wanda on the bed.

Wanda staring at the memory from afar, her heart aches at the sight of Vision. Her love. Her eyes beginning to well up with tears. She remembers how hard it was back then to fully move on. She felt helpless, alone.

"I heard that talking about one's pain can help them to move on from it." Vision speaks up.

"Nothing you can say right now would ever bring him back." Wanda bluntly said.

"I'm sorry." Vision noticed Wanda's uninterested tone.

"I'm sorry. You're just trying to help." Wanda apologised herself, fidgeting with the sleeves of her shirt.

"Have you spoken to Minho?" he asked.

"Yeah but...it's difficult to seek comfort from someone who left." Wanda admits.

Wanda remembers saying that, looking next to her to see Minho's pained expression. She always kept that brutally honest side of hers from him. Minho had his own path and she couldn't guilt him into staying.

"He does understand your situation." Vision points out.

"I just wish he was here. We promised each other to always stick together. It was always the three of us. Him, Pietro and me. We were family. Family always stays together. I couldn't force him to stay when his heart wasn't in it." Wanda mumbled.

"I seem to understand. Perhaps you would like to share your thoughts with me?" Vision asked.

"Vis..." Wanda mumbled, feeling her heart breaking even more.

"Every time I feel like I can get back on my feet, it's like a wave washes over me and I can't bring myself to stand up again. I lost my parents. Pietro, he was my only family. What did I do to deserve such loss and pain in my life?" Wanda begins to tear up, sniffing and wiping the tears welling up in her eyes.

"Sometimes, we have to embrace the pain in order to fully heal. Because, what is grief if not love persevering?" Vision looks at Wanda.

That line sticks out to Minho as well. He looks at Wanda next to him, seeing her fighting back her tears. He watches as Wanda and Vision watch the television screen together, Vision laughing occasionally, bringing a smile on Wanda's face.