Chapter 5: She's The Kind of Girl You Want So Much It Makes You Sorry.

Your POV

I looked back at Lauren then her lips. Could one more kiss do much more harm? 

------------------------------------ 

“Do it,” I voiced daringly. “Who says you can’t kiss me again?” I wanted her to kiss me the rest doesn’t matter. 

“For one, you’re in a hospital bed. Two, it won’t be that easy anymore my friend,” she said raising her eyebrow. “I do want to kiss you. More than you know. But if you want to kiss me you’re gonna have to show me that you want it. You have to kiss me.” 

I guess that, that’s why I wanted her to kiss me. It would be easier. I really don’t know if I should kiss her, I’ve lost all margin of what is wrong and what is right. And technically Camila and I are no longer together. She said she wanted to take a break. What the fuck does that even mean?  

“Come a little closer,” I told Lauren and she did. “Are you sure you want me to kiss you?” I asked. I drew her chin closer and gently brushed my lips with hers but she wasn’t giving in. I could see her battle not wanting to give in. “You could just kiss me and you wouldn’t have to be giving me those pleading eyes of yours.” She scoffed and took her finger slowly tracing my lips with her finger very slowly.  

“Just shut up and kiss me. You know you want it as much as I do.” 

I was about to kiss her when the door opened and instead of our lips coming together it was our foreheads that bumped into each other. Lauren winced and turned to look at the door while placing small circles on her forehead with the palm of her hand. While, I internally whined because that forehead of hers was hard. I turned to the door; it was a man in a tie and white coat. I could only assume that he was the doctor that Stevie had mentioned. 

“Lauren?” The man in the white coat asked. 

“Dad?” Lauren said. 

“Dad?” I asked too. 

“I’m Dr. Jauregui, (Y/N),” he cleared his throat. “I’m the cardiologist that will be taking over.” 

“Why do you need a cardiologist?” Lauren looked at me with worried eyes.

“Is he your dad, Lauren?” I looked back at her with the same eyes. 

Lauren rolled her eyes and turned back to the man. “What’s wrong with her dad?” 

“Lauren, I don’t think that’s any of your business.” He said in a stern voice. Why were we all avoiding the questions? 

“She’s my friend, so it is my business.” Lauren seemed to be getting irritated by the minute. 

“She’s your friend?” Dr. Jauregui sounded surprised. And if you ask me he didn’t have to sound so surprised. 

“Dr. Jauregui, what is wrong with me?” I threw another question on to the pile of unanswered questions. 

“How about we wait for your parents to come in and then I can discuss your labs and EKG results with the three of you together?” Dr. Jaurequi replied. “Lauren, I think you should step outside.” 

“So, he is your dad?” I asked again. 

“Yes,” they answered together. And it was bit intimidating. My parents then walked in and I was very grateful to be seeing them. Dr. Jauregui then introduced himself to my parents. 

“Hi honey, how are you doing?” My mom asked and then noticed Lauren next to my bed. “And who is this gorgeous girl?” 

“Mom, dad, this is Lauren.”