Chapter 17: I Still Want To Drown Whenever You Leave.

Your POV 

I fell to my knees right in front of my bathtub, right in front of a frozen Lauren. She was lying on the bathtub. Her lips were purple and dark. I couldn't tell if she was breathing or not and I was scared to touch her. "Lauren?" I said in an almost whisper. Hoping that she would speak up and all of this was some sick joke. But nothing came out of her mouth. 

Touching her was like touching an ice block. She was the coldest I'd ever felt her. This wasn't Lauren. This wasn't my Lauren. My Lauren was warm and full of life. I reached over from her arm with my hands shaking to the side of her neck. Placing my two fingers to check for a pulse. It was there. It was slow but it was there. And my finger right below her nose I could feel a trace of her breathing.

I wanted to yell for help but I couldn't find my voice. I didn't want anyone to see Lauren like this. But I needed help. I let the water run in the tub and took some within my hands and rubbed them on Lauren's face. Yearning for the water to wake her or do something but her cheeks remained cold and color less. 

I got into the tub. Touching her with less hesitation in attempt to move her. "Please, Lauren. Wake up. I'm sorry I left you alone. I'm sorry sang your song. What happened? Talk to me!” No matter how much I begged or the amount of tears that began to drop mattered. Lauren remained in what seemed like a sleep like state.

Out of the blue I heard a loud gasp. I turned to see to find that it came from Camila. She looked in shock with both hands over her mouth.

"Get out of here Camila!" I yelled at her through tears. 

"What—what happened? Is she okay?" Camila asked with panic in her face.

"Just get out!" I yelled again. I didn’t know why I was yelling at Camila.

"She needs to get to a hospital." 

"I'm handling this! Get out!" I yelled even louder making her run out of the room. I heard her from a distance that she called out for Dinah. I moved behind Lauren's back and began to try and pull her up. Her body was loose so it seemed like her weight had tripled. Plus, the more force I exerted the more pressure I felt against my chest.

That's when Dinah walked in with some guy she had introduced to earlier as Andrew earlier in the evening. I looked at them for few seconds and put my attention back at trying to get Lauren out of the bathtub.

"Stop," Dinah spoke calmly approaching me. "You can get hurt. Andrew and I can pull her out." I could tell she was approaching us both with caution.

"I need to get her to a hospital." I looked at her pleading for help with my eyes.

"We can do that." Dinah took my hands and the grip they had on Lauren and removed them slowly. "Let us carry her to the car." I nodded just like a scared child would.

I followed closely behind Dinah whom was behind Andrew who had Lauren in his arms carrying her down the stairs.

"I'll drive," Camila said when we were outside reminding me that she was next to me.

"No! You can stay here! You've been enough of a distraction don't you think?" I screamed at Camila.

"What are you talking about?" 

"I should have been looking out for her. I should not have left her side. I was so busy with you that I stopped paying attention to what she was doing. So you can stay here."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Camila yelled back exasperated. "This is not my fault if that's what you're trying to say."

"I'll drive." Dinah said coming in between the both of us. "You go in the back with Lauren." She took the keys from my hand and I followed behind her.