Epilogue: Tell Her You Love Her, Too.

"I'm home," Lauren dropped her keys on the end table entering her home, followed by removing her coat.

"In the living room, mom."

"Hey handsome," she said sitting down next to her son on the couch. "It's so quiet."

"I know mom and Y/N are so loud," he giggled. "We should send them both on a vacation."

"You know that might not be such a bad idea." Lauren agreed. "But I think I might miss them. Where are they anyway?"

"Mom went to drop off Y/N for tumbling. She then called and said that she found an old friend named Stevie and that she was gonna catch up with her over coffee."

Lauren held her breath. Stevie? Could it be? She hadn't heard that name in years. She then thought of her. She thought of Y/N. Not that she had ever forgotten her, she named her daughter after her but it felt real again. Sometimes it all seemed like a dream for Lauren. Like it never really happened and it had all just been a very elaborate dream. But it was real; Y/N had been more than real. She still felt that ache in her heart; she could still feel that special kind of love she had once felt.

"Mom, you okay?"

"Yeah," she smiled. "I'm fine, Ralph."

"Did you know who mom was talking about?"

"I do actually," Lauren kissed her son on the forehead and stood from the couch. "I'm gonna send a few work emails, I'll be in my office," she wasn't sure she was ready to relive her memories out loud.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Lauren had been staring at the email prompt for more than an hour. She just couldn't seem to focus at all. She was talking a trip down memory lane all the way to her teenage years. It all seemed to have come rushing back. That love that she couldn't ever seem to let go of. It was the kind of love you don't ever forget.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard the front door open, she knew she had a tiny storm heading her way.

"Moommmmmyyy!" A full of life and blue-eyed girl came bursting into Lauren's office.

"There's my baby girl," Lauren stood up to pick up her youngest and enveloping in her arms.

"Guess what?" Her daughter announced with a shivering excitement.

"What? What?" Lauren asked imitating her excitement.

"Guess, mommy!"

"You found a pot of gold?"

"No!" The little girl giggled.

"You found a unicorn?"

The five year old gasped never having occurred to her that she could one day actually stumble upon a unicorn. She wondered if she even had the slightest possibility to be that lucky. But she quickly dismissed the thought because she remembered her current task; the unicorns would have to wait. "No, mommy, try again."

"Hmmm..." Lauren gave it a thought. "We're having ice cream for dinner?"

This surprised the five year old even more. Her world was definitely spinning out of control. "Well, no, but can we?" She asked coyly.

Damn. Lauren fell right into that one. Her wife would not be approving of this. She smiled, "We can't have it for dinner. But we can have it as dessert if you finish all your veggies."

Her youngest grimaced at the sound of veggies. She was definitely not a fan of vegetables but she knew that ice cream was worth definitely almost anything. So she nodded hesitantly.