a whole new world

"Uh, Vega, this looks exactly like Earth," Aries observed.

"It is, Earth... a long time ago..." Virgo answered. Her boots kicked up some dirt. It was colder and the building and noise of New York City had disappeared.

He didn't understand. How could this be the fourth dimension? Any higher direction would reveal more directions. That's how he understood it, at least. Capricorn saw his confusion.

"Well, any higher dimension would expose us to new directions and one of those would be what we, as third-dimensional beings perceive as time."

"Later we can travel to new worlds but now-" Vega was cut off by a wild... was that a dog?

It towered over all thirteen of them. It bared its teeth and unleashed a foul snarl and an even fouler stench. Drool dripped from its fangs and it lunged at Leo. In response, he attempted to escape a fatal injury by somersaulting out of its grasp.

Taurus shrieked and lassoed the neck of the beast. With a thick, thorn-infested vine she pulled as hard as she could and the head of the animal came crashing into the ground.

Leo ducked a swing and jumped out of its view. He huffed and winced at an enormous gash on his shoulder. His girlfriend restrained it. Like a balloon, his chest deflated in a sigh of relief.

"Leo!," She trembled as she passed the responsibility to Virgo who encased the creature in a like cage. Libra tore her way through the tall grass to find Leo who seemed comfortably relaxed.

With her shaking hands, Taurus cupped his chin. His cool expression didn't match her frantic alarm.

"Why- why is he acting like that."

Libra examined his pupils and pain response, "He has a lot of adrenaline that is easing his pain. Soon enough, he should be in extreme pain."

"It seems as if his cortisol levels are through the roof." Capricorn determined.

"I think he'll be okay..." Aquarius noted, "But we have w bigger problem."

Cancer was nowhere to be found. He hid and made himself invisible in the forest. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up straight at the sound of a rich and smooth voice.

It belonged to none other than Orion. She smiled sweetly at the boy who unexpectedly revealed himself. Cancer stared into the shallow, shimmering eyes of his ex-girlfriend, Orion.

"I missed you, Cancer."

He hadn't responded. A small portion of him knew this wasn't the right thing. Cancer knew what she wanted. She wanted the Heart of Reality for herself. Of course, not for no reason.

Orion was a promiscuous and extroverted individual. This alone wasn't necessarily a bad thing. However, she did make it an aspect of her personality that many found problematic.

"Aren't you going to say hi?" She pouted her red lips, "It's been so long..."

He scowled at her, "You ruined my life."

She batted her lashed and crossed her arms, "Look, I know we left off on a bad foot but-"

Cancer restrained himself from shouting. It was more than that. He still hadn't forgiven himself for nearly killing all of his friends. During his darkest moments, Orion brainwashed him. Cancer pushed it aside.

"I haven't forgiven myself, how do you expect me to forgive you?"

"I didn't come to ask for forgiveness because I didn't do anything wrong."

He clenched his fist and bared his teeth. There's no reason for her to be here then. This whole encounter is meaningless.
"I almost got my best friends killed because of you-"