because

a/n: sorry if my chapters seem longer, I've been doing more plot planning lol and with twelve characters I'm trying to use them as equally as I can.

"I think- I think I've gotten used to super-fast travel by now," Sagittarius cheered

"Well done," Capricorn applauded, "It definitely wasn't the impact technology the Keeper installed in these suits."

Sagittarius frowned but ignored him. Aries held her upright as she looked as if she would collapse at any moment. Within moments she stood straight and cheered, pecking Aries on the cheek.

Vega held the paper the Keeper had pressed into his palms and opened it wide. Inside was a neatly printed map, a legend, and neatly scribbled down instructions written carefully in black ink that looked less like ink. The map contained several crucial bits of information regarding wormholes and interstellar communities. It was a jarring piece of paper to hold because of how much intricate detail was put into making it.

Vega brandished it religiously, tucking it away safely in his pocket. He fastened his thick ebony curls back and sighed, "Tonight's our last night on Earth so get cozy, y'all"

Libra dug through her bag, which she was surprised to find as much, much larger than possible. Despite being reasonably light, her entire arm fit inside and it seemed filled with large items that otherwise, wouldn't fit. It was packed with tarps, blankets, medicine, bandages, matches, fire starters along a large, thick tablet. She examined the device and noticed a round button on the side.

Part of her hesitated to open it, yet she figured, if the Keeper gave it to them, it surely wasn't harmful. She firmly shoved a finger down on the button. Which triggered a bright, blue design of segments ranging across the plane of the tablet's face. Three rows of smaller tablets rose from the parent tablet. Two rows consisted of four of them, while the remaining one had five.

  Before Libra had the chance to act surprised, Gemini sat beside her they locked eyes. As he sat down, his hand brushed against her and they sat knee to knee. Before speaking, he cleared his throat, "Whoa, whatcha got there?"

She ran her hands under the tablet's surface and examined the suddenly erected smaller tablets. Gemini reached over and carefully slid the mysterious device off the larger one.

"Uh... Vega?" Gemini called while He searched what he had picked up.

Vega looked up from studying the map, "Huh?"

"Do you what these are?" Libra kindly asked.

Vega strode forth, squinting to get a better view, "Yeah..." He looked down and away to avoid their gaze, I was given one back when the Heart was threatened billions of years back."

He almost laughed, recalling the times he spent as a constellation. The world needed to be saved once before. Nostalgia crawled in his skin at the thought of the following in his footsteps.

Instead of prying further, Gemini implored, "Well... what do they do?"

Vega shook his head, "I bet there been some updates, but its main use is sorta like a cellphone but for intergalactic use, yknow?"

Libra intentively watched Gemini slowly paint a huge grin smile, "That's tight."

He raised his eyebrows and turned back, "Yeah, yeah. Listen, kid, this is our last night here on Earth, so get a camp runnin'."

"Yes, sir," Libra giggled in a patronizing manner.

"And don't forget to pass out those devices," Vega added warmly.

  "Good evening " Leo boldly sat by Taurus. His teeth seemed to gleam in the sunset. She turned her head and smiled.

"Hey babe, I was just coming to talk to you," her face softened. Leo perked up at her words.