𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

chapter seven: it's you.

Ricky and his teammatesroam the halls of East High, feeling powerful

roam the halls of East High, feeling powerful. As they always had. Typical jock thing.

Maybe Neens boosted his confidence and ego a little too much - because by the time for the dismissal bell rung, Ricky and his friends were already being unusually and unnecessarily loud, daring anyone to come their way with something that challenges their behavior. Ricky being the lead of this behavior.

"Bowen is back, you guys!" EJ chanted. Their friends cheered in response, causing Ricky to laugh a bit.

"Alright, alright. Settle down." Ricky shushed them, all of them immediately quieting to his request. "I won't be able to make it to practice today - so I expect you guys actually do something productive."

Most of them sigh with an eye roll that Ricky doesn't miss.

It didn't occur to Ricky throughout the day, but in the moment, he finally remembered his unnecessary detention. For doing the right thing, he feels.

On the other side of the huge school was where Nina stood, waiting for her mom to show up any minute. Supposedly, her mom was running a bit late on her way home from work, so, here Nina stood... Just waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

After a while, the girl started to get impatient. But, she didn't want to bother her mom. She was on her own. Working to support the both of them - she didn't want to be a bother.

"Would you like to wait inside?" Nina heard a distant voice behind her. Quickly, she whipped her head around, being met with a middle aged female teacher - that was indeed talking to her. Seeing as she was the only one out there. "It's pretty chilly out here."

It was. Even though it was literally March - by now it should at least be a little warm.

Nina took in a shaky breath, followed by a head nod as her feet shuffled their way towards the left double-door the teacher was holding open for her.

Nina slid in past the teacher, breathing out a sigh as she felt the nice warm air hitting her cold skin.

"You can wait in the detention room with me and a few other students until your ride arrives." The woman caught up with her, pointing towards the classroom that was closest to the door, which was the room the detention kids were held.

When she walked in, she only saw a couple students that she recognized. Not because they were friends - but because she had classes with them.