𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

chapter nineteen: every time i see you, i die a little more.

Returning to school that Monday was hard for the both of them

Ricky was embarrassed. He looked like an asshole on Saturday night. Even Gina tried her hardest to avoid him today and that Sunday morning after. At least Kimberly looked worse than him.

And Nina, she was an utter mess. Her birthday was ruined, and her heart was broken.

Walking into school felt a lot harder than usual. Everyone was looking at her with sympathetic looks and she could hardly take it. So quickly, it went from her being the quiet kid no one ever noticed, to everyone suddenly knowing her name. And what's worse, is that they now knew her as "Nina, the quiet girl in the back of your class who got rejected by Ricky Bowen!" ... I wouldn't want to return to school either.

That Sunday morning that followed after the hectic Saturday night did help smooth a few things over. Red actually had the chance to talk with Ashlyn, explaining everything. Even sort of defending EJ in this case.

Ricky also had a chance to talk with the best friends of the girls heart he just broke - and Red, too.

That definitely helped smooth over a lot more things. And helped him realize a lot of things, too.

Ashlyn and Kourtney sat with Red at Gina's diner, talking about anything and everything, but keeping their main focus on the events that went down Saturday night.

All sipping on their drinks, they hear the doorbell ring as an indicator that someone just walked in.

And, let's just say they were surprised to see it was Ricky... And surprised to him heading their way.

Bold of him, Kourtney thought.

"Hey." Ricky greeted them with a nervous look on his face. "Can I talk to you guys?"

"I don't think it's us you need to talk to." Kourtney replied with a stern face.

Ashlyn put her hand on Kourtney's arm, "Hey, you know what Red said." She reminded her best friend as a way to tell her to go easier.

"Yeah, and I also know that our best friend went home crying last night, which happened to be the night before her birthday, might I add." Kourtney sassed, now turning her attention to the nervous brown eyed boy standing bedside her seat at the table. "So, really, I couldn't care less if this was his fault, EJ's fault, Kimberly's bitch-ass fault- I couldn't care less." Kourtney ranted.