𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

chapter nine: attention.

"Neens, come on! We're gonna be late!" Kourtney called out to the girl as she raced up the stairs that led to said girls room

"Neens, come on!
We're gonna be late!" Kourtney called out to the girl as she raced up the stairs that led to said girls room. It was the opening night of the musical Ashlyn was in, and it was damn near time to go.

"Ashlyn wants us to meet up with the boys so we can all get good seats." Kourtney finished as she became within only a few feet away from Nina's door.

The boys?

Nina's bedroom door abruptly swung open upon hearing this, opening it to reveal Kourtney who was just about to knock. "Boys?" She mouthed. What boys?

"Ash said that Big Red wants us all to meet up beforehand. And, apparently, his two best friends are going to support their other friend, Gina, as well." Kourtney explained to Nina's confusion, hoping her answer would satisfy the girl and get rid of her worried expression. "So - are you ready?"

Only a couple of weeks had passed since the conversation about opening had happened in this very room. Nina knew about this already, obviously, but now that she knew boys were going to be there, she was absolutely no where near ready.

Especially since they were popular... And cute.

I know, I know. Sounds like a terrible high school drama trope, right? These are boys who paid her no mind, and if they did, it was to make fun of her. However, despite the awfulness of that and the nervous pit she automatically felt in her stomach, she still doesn't want to look bad in front of them.

The quiet girl sighed at the news before turning back to her room and searching her closet once more.

"Girl," Kourtney started with an unamused head shake, following Nina into her room, "what are you doing?" Kourtney sighs as she sees her best friend rummaging through her closet, again.
Nina gestures towards the closet full of a variety of outfit options. "Why are you getting changed?"

"I look like a seventh grader." She signed, her gestures giving off 'duh' vibes. The girl was wearing what she usually wore. Dark leggings and a t-shirt with her usual low and messy pony tail.

Kourtney slightly chuckled, walking over to Nina. "Never mind that. You look fine and we've got to get going."

Kourtney grabbed a hold of Nina's hand, quickly dragging her best friend to her car before she could protest.

⋅︓︒︑∘∗✧∘︑︒⚬∙︓·⠄✯∘⠄✧⠄

Kourtney may or may not have sped a little to make it to their school at a decent time. The streets weren't too busy anyway, which was surprising for a Saturday night, but the last thing she would do was complain about it.