𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

chapter eighteen: nothing i can say.

"Hey, Neens! You out there?" The familiar voice of Kimberly rang through the gyms speakers, causing everyone to turn to the stage

"What the fuck is she doing..." EJ muttered, "W-we were just joking around." He said to himself, recounting the events that happened after Red left.

After Red left them that morning, EJ explained the plan to her, obviously, not forgetting to tease both Ricky and Nina a bit. But what she suggested... He thought she was just joking.

Kimberly's eyes scan the semi big crowd of people on the dance floor, knowing Nina would be somewhere near by. And she was, because Kimberly found her within seconds.

Ricky was confused. Along with everyone else around him.

Kimberly then caught eyes with a confused curly headed boy and smirked to herself, "Hey, Bowen," Kimberly waved to him, everyone now looking his way, since they knew who he was, their eyes on Nina and Ricky as they watched what was about to go down.

"Me and EJ have a surprise for ya!" She calls out, Ricky turning his head to EJ.

EJ started rapidly shaking his head, "I swear, I didn't put her up to this." He quickly said to his friend before she started speaking again.

"Meet Neens, the freak you're so in love with." Kimberly spoke with a mocking tone, so much sass in her words as she pointed to Nina.

Nina's breathing came to a halt. Her heart dropped and her mind started to not make sense. Her stomach was turning, and she felt like the room was spinning.

So many people were looking.
So many people were judging.
So many people knew, now.

Ricky quickly flickered his eyes off the stage and at Nina with such astonishment. She'd been here this whole time. He'd been missing out on her this whole time.

It's you. It's really you. He thought.

"I..." He trailed off, words still not making sense to him. Ricky glanced up for a moment. Everyone was looking at him. His friends. His sister. His team mates. And Nina.

And for a moment, Nina started to calm down. Seeing how he first looked at her. Like she was the only girl ever... It was really him.

But, Ricky went left.

As soon as his eyes met Nina's, he looked away. "Kimberly, I, uh..." He spoke loudly, looking at the ground to avoid eye contact with everyone. "I don't know what you're talking about."