XIII

'BEGIN!'

The matched started with a literal boom.

Tomoe threw the first attack, fingernails extending to resemble the claws of a fox. (Name) jumped out of the way and to the side of her opponent. She inhaled softly and jumped out of the way again when Tomoe continued his attacks. 

He's skilled in close-combat. Fast, agile, I don't know about his stamina yet, but he seems to be on par with me in terms of senses and reaction time. With the ears and all.

She dodged another blow. (Name) kept her eyes peeled for an opening, which was hard, considering Tomoe had almost all his weak points covered.

Almost.

'WOAH, WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT? MOMOZONO ISN'T GIVING USAGINAMI ANY LEEWAY FOR ATTACKS! WILL THE BUNNY MAKE A CLEVER ESCAPE, OR WILL THE FOX OUTSMART HER?' Present Mic and his blaring voice quirk.

Her opponent was still right now, posture guarded and eyes analysing her like how she was analysing him. They stood at a standstill for a minute, hearing the audience's cheers die down in anticipation. 

I'm not the greatest in terms of strength, so I'll wear my opponent down gradually with consistent hits.

Tomoe brought his claws up to defend his chest, barely managing to soften the hidden hit (Name) snuck in at his ribs. He gritted his teeth and launched at her.

When he attacks, keep watch on his shoulders.

Tomoe swung a clawed hand, missing by a hair. He used his spinning momentum to swipe the other hand at her as well, this one landing a shallow cut on (Name)'s forehead. She hissed but didn't allow it to falter her. 

He has a good defence, hiding the direction of his shoulders with how he holds up his claws before an attack.

But...

(Name) put her flexibility to good use, bending backwards so that her upper body was parallel to the ground, and sprung back up, jumping overhead her opponent. Once landed behind him, she swept his legs from under him. Tomoe was quick enough to bounce back from the fall.

When he looked up, the arena was empty.

'WOAH, WHERE'D SHE GO?' Present Mic stood, blinking at the arena when he only saw a blur before (Name) was gone.

'Where else, idiot?' Aizawa scoffed at his co-worker. His eyes looked up. 'She's in the one place where she knows he can't reach.'

Tomoe's fox ears twitched. He hastily looked up, squinting slightly at the sunlight shining directly into his eyes. This gave him a delay in his reaction time, which allowed (Name) to fall from her super jump and flip him by the shoulders.

'USAGINAMI FELL FROM THE SKY! HER JUMP WAS SO FAST, EVEN I DIDN'T CATCH IT!' Present Mic didn't stop yelling until Aizawa slapped his shoulder from irritation, a way to tell him to shut the fuck up.

With Tomoe on the defensive again, (Name) was able to send two direct kicks to his abdomen. Tomoe grunted, baring his teeth at the pain. This girl was so cute, he nearly forgot she was just as terrifying in battle as her brother. His feet dug into the ground to stabilise his footing, only skidding back a metre or two from the attacks. 

'Heh, not bad,' Tomoe said, wiping some blood that spilled from his mouth when his ribs cracked from (Name)'s kicks. 'But you've got to do better.'

(Name) huffed, performing another powerful jump, purposely keeping the air pressure loose and wild. It was enough to throw Tomoe off balance again. This time, however, Tomoe was prepared, and let himself fall into a handstand and flipped away from the source of the pressure. His claws retracted and from behind him, an extra eight tails poofed out.