TWO

CHAPTER TWO

     The train pulled into Hogsmeade station and as the chugging engine finally began to slow and the steel came to a screeching stop, everyone stood. Every single person wanted to be the first one out and have the first choice of carriages along the road. Ophelia and her friends were quite lucky they were so feared, some students backed away to let them out of their compartment and cut ahead of the lineup waiting to leave the train. Others, unfortunately, were shoved by Pansy as she forced her way through the crowd, creating a path for the rest of them to follow through. Protests were heard from those students, but the moment they'd see Ophelia's stoic glare, their mouths would shut immediately, allowing her through.

     Ophelia didn't ask to be feared. It came naturally. She wasn't even really unkind to anyone, she merely let her reputation precede her; her last name, her lack of emotion, and just her knack for not caring about anyone else except herself. To be quite frank, Ophelia Rosier didn't mind being feared much.

     As the group of Slytherins stepped off the train and onto the wet cobblestone of Hogsmeade Station, their shoes splashed in the puddles that had accumulated on the uneven walkway. It had obviously been raining for quite some time before they'd arrived. Ophelia pulled the hood of her robes over her head in an attempt to protect her hair from the rain as they set off to one of the very first horseless carriages that would carry them all the way to the front doors of the castle. Pansy picked the first available carriage and motioned for them to follow, but she quickly realized and turned to Daphne, Millicent, Nott and Tracey that they'd need to find another compartment as that one would be full after Ophelia. The group shrugged and moved away to find another. As Ophelia climbed inside, her eyes immediately met with familiar, light grey orbs. She noticed that Draco had gotten taller by the way his torso towered over Crabbe's even while sitting. She noticed his jaw line and cheekbones had become more structured, like he had lost his baby fat over the summer. He looked so much older, so much more mature. Almost immediately as their eyes met, Draco quickly directed his away, looking anywhere but at her. She wanted to scoff and roll her eyes, knowing fair well that his dramatics hadn't matured over the summer.

     Before, when anyone would see Ophelia Rosier in the corridors of Hogwarts, Blaise Zabini and Draco Malfoy were not far behind. The three friends met during their first year at Hogwarts and were inseparable. They'd named themselves The Silver Trinity, but only after Potter and his friends coined the term The Golden Trio. They created their name as a stupid joke to make fun of Potter, but it immediately took hold amongst their house and quickly spread throughout the castle. She knew this year would be different, however. Her inseparable bond with her two best friends had shattered, and though she wasn't upset about it, she knew things would have to change, and she hated change. She was still close with Blaise, nothing had changed between them, but Draco hadn't spoken to her in months. Not since the end of last term. She wondered why on earth such a small little spat had caused him to cease all communication with her, but she didn't busy her mind with such a petty argument. If Draco came back around, she wouldn't refuse him, but she would absolutely not chase him with apologies for something when she didn't even know what she did.

     The carriage ride was longer than usual, or that's how it felt. Pansy badgered Draco about his summer, to which he shrugged and told her he hadn't done much except practice for Quidditch. Pansy dreamily commented on his biceps, and Ophelia knew full well she was spoon-feeding his ego. She watched as Draco smirked arrogantly in response to Pansy's comments, and she couldn't help but roll her eyes.

     "Still ignoring you, huh?" Blaise whispered in her ear from just to her right. His voice was so low that Ophelia had barely even heard him.

     She shook her head curtly in response. It wasn't that she really cared that Draco was being stupid and immature, it was the fact that his immaturity had ruined their group dynamic.