|||CHAPTER 30|||GOT ICE CREAM|||

Y/n trenched through the murky and nasty water, sensing the enemy near by. She got out of the disgusting water and onto the cement edge. As she walked closer towards the energy, she could see the enemy sitting on the cement edge, which Y/n calls a 'shit sidewalk.'

He let out a chuckle, then spoke to himself, "Unlike the body, I can 'kill' the soul as many times as I want." He turned his head in Y/n's direction.

"So you're a coward? You run from the fight when it's just starting?" Y/n scolded him, glaring as she put her fists up.

He stood up, "It's not my time, but it will be soon." He started to melt, falling into the sewer water. "Bye, bye, Shi." His voice became distorted as he dissolved into the water. There was no deciphering where he was, he became part of the water.

"What? What's or who S—"

"Y/n!" She heard Nanami's voice echo through the tunnel.

"I'm coming!" She made her way back to the hole, jumping back up through it. She crossed her arms, looking at Nanami, who was holding Itadori, "He's gone."

"We can worry about him later." Nanami told her, adjusting his hold on the boy, "Let's get him treated."

_________

It's been a day since the fight against the enemy. Y/n and Itadori were told to rest up for the time being. But both students somehow ended up standing on either sides of Nanami in the morgue that held the four sorcery-contorted humans.

"I thought you were told to rest, Itadori-kun..." Nanami paused, turning his head at the girl, "and you were especially told to rest yesterday."

Y/n shrugged her shoulders, then placed her arm around Nanami's shoulders, which was kind of hard due to her being shorter than Itadori by a few inches.

Nanami rolled his eyes as Itadori spoke to him, "You here to scold me? What kind of person would scold the savior of their life? ...Me?"

"The guy's technique lets him meddle with other people's souls. By invading his territory, you probably forced him to touch Sukuna's soul. Thanks to that, I was saved."

"Bu–" Y/n interrupted Itadori, "You can continue in a minute. What about the woman's voice? You guys heard that too, right? ...And I saved Nanami too."

Itadori nodded as Nanami started, "There must have been someone else there, but I didn't sense anyone."

"I've heard her before..." Y/n gained a raise of interest from the two, taking her arm from Nanami, "In my dreams. She was killing people."

"Maybe he reached into your soul and pulled out something that bothers you..." Nanami came up with reason, "and made it bother him."

Y/n stayed silent. She knew that Nanami would never believe the dreams. "Maybe it's good to keep some things quiet." She thought to herself.

Itadori continued with what he was saying earlier, "I never switched with him."

"There was no need to. That guy reached inside of you and aggravated Sukuna himself."

"If that's the case, then I wasn't the one who saved you. It was this guy's whim. Nanami... I killed a person today..." Y/n's eyes softened as Itadori spoke. She went around behind Nanami, going to Itadori's right side, leaning her head on his shoulder as he went on, "People die. There's no helping it. But if it has to be that way, I at least want them to die properly. That's what I've always thought."

Itadori proceeded, "I was so focused on not letting the trigger be pulled. But now that I've pulled the trigger myself, I don't understand anymore. What is a 'proper death'?"

"I don't even know the answer to that. Even if we were to assume that the 'proper' rule of death is that benevolent people pass on peacefully and evil people die horribly," Nanami started to proclaim, "in reality, most people in this world are neither benevolent or evil. Death is the final destination of all people, but no two people will die the same death. Giving proper guidance to all of those souls is most likely a path of misery. I personally don't recommend it. Even so, I assume you're still intent on walking that very path."

Itadori stayed silent. Nanami continued, "All I ask is that you do it in moderation. It would be a problem if you died. Just like how I would be dead you both weren't there for me today, many people in the near future will need your help." Nanami turned around, starting to leave, "And that's because... you, Itadori, are already a shaman."

He walked away, leaving Y/n and Itadori alone. Y/n lifted her head up, looking at at him, "Come on. I've got ice cream in my room."

"Yeah..." He mumbled, following along besides her.

"Cheer up!" Y/n exclaimed, patting his back, "Think about ice cream... and I don't know. Something happy. Listen, Itadori, you had to kill that human. He needed to be put out of his misery and you would have died if you sat there and did nothing. In this world it's kill or get killed. It's been that way for hundreds and hundreds of years. Now, be happy!"