|||CHAPTER 10|||TEN YEARS ALREADY|||

It was Y/n's first mission with the other students and after another one of those dreams, she wanted to get out of her room. They were outside of the Eishuu Reform School right now.

"Our 'window' confirmed the cursed womb's existence about three hours ago. When the evacuation guide was at 90%, we closed the facility after evaluating the scene. At the inmates' hospital 2nd lodge... five patients were left there with the cursed womb." The Magic College assistant director, Ijichi Kyotaka, spoke to the four first-year students, "If the cursed womb can metamorphose... we predict that it will become a high-grade cursed spirit." He pushed his glasses up.

Fushiguro and Kugisaki had a look on their face, like, 'Oh shit, not a high-grade.' Y/n crossed her arms, ready to exorcise this curse already.

"Hey," Itadori spoke up, "I still don't really get all this high-grade stuff." Y/n and Kugisaki sighed at his comment.

Kyotaka started to explain, "Fourth-grade: you're completely fine with a wooden baseball bat. Third-grade: you can be relieved with a handgun. Second-grade: you can barely make it with a shotgun. First-grade: even a military tank isn't enough. High-grade: you'll need rapid carpet bombing.

"Naturally, sorcerers with an equal level to the cursed spirits are assigned missions." Fushiguro stated, putting one hand in his pocket, "In today's case, that would be someone like Gojō-sensei or Y/n, huh."

Itadori put both hands in his pockets, looking around, "So, where's Gojō-sensei?"

"He's on a business trip." Fushiguro and Y/n answered at the same time, Fushiguro finished the thought, "In the first place, he can't just hang around in the school. He's talented."

"Then why are you in here with us as a first-year?" Itadori turned to Y/n, pointing at her in confusion.

"'Cause," Y/n rolled her eyes, "they think I need 'extra' training or pratice when I trained with Satoru for... ten years already." She put her arms behind her head, ignoring the interested boy staring at her.

"This industry always has a labour shortage." Kyotaka pushed his glasses up, "Many shamans have taken missions beyond their capabilities. But this time, it's an emergency, and there's an anomaly. 'Things you should never battle against.' You have two choices when you're against a high-grade enemy: run or die." He spoke, making Itadori gulp and Kugisaki's sweat drop. "Follow what your fear tells you, please. Don't forget that your mission is confirm whether there are any survivors. If any, —"

Y/n cut him off, putting her arms down and into her pockets, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, save them and make sure they don't die. Now can we actually go and stop wasting time or...?"

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" A lady called out to the group from behind the caution tape, "Is Tadashi... is my son okay?" She held onto her purse, hoping for a relieving answer.

Itadori looked like he was about to cry. Kyotaka stated, "Depending on the person, there's a chance that the poison has spread." He turned to look at the woman, "Present time, I can't offer any more information."

The woman's eyes widen at the fear for her son. Y/n stepped up in front of Kyotaka, "Miss, we'll try our hardest to save him and the others."

"Fushiguro, Kugisaki, Y/n. We're going to save them." Itadori declared, popping his knuckles.

"Of course." Kugisaki agreed while Fushiguro and Y/n stayed silent, nodding their heads.

"I'll bring down the screen." Kyotaka put two fingers up, "Please be careful. 'That which frightens more than darkness itself... that which is darker than black... purify this defilement."

"The 'screen'... it's because the residential district is nearby; the screen hides us from the outside." Fushiguro explained as they started walking into the building.

"It's almost nighttime!" Itadori called out in slight shock, ignoring what Fushiguro just said.

Fushiguro made his hand signs, "Jade Hounds." One of his curse hounds, a big white wolf, appeared, "He'll let us know when the curse comes closer."

"Or I could tell you...?" Y/n furrowed her eyebrows as Itadori bent down to pet the hound.

"Let's go!" They opened the doors, walking into a big room with pipes and wires going across the ceiling.

"What's going on!? We're supposed to be in a two-story dorm, right!?" Itadori exclaimed, looking at the area of the room.

"Calm down! It's just two stories!" Kugisaki told him.

"...That's not it." Y/n and Fushiguro spoke quietly. The two turned around, seeing the doors they just came through were gone and were covered by giant pipes. Fushiguro asked, "Where's the gate!?"