|||CHAPTER 4|||SINCE I WAS SIX|||

"That's not the reason–" Satoru was interrupted.

"Satoru! You're late! You're late by eight minutes!" The principal, Masamichi Yaga, shouted as the three walked into the building, "Your habit of being late, but not being late enough to make it worth getting mad about..." He didn't look up from making another one of his curse dolls, surrounded by his other dolls. "I thought I told you to fix it!"

Itadori had a shocked look on his face at the dolls. Y/n turned her head to him, "Just wait, you get used to it."

"If it's not enough to get mad about, then cut me some slack." Satoru shrugged his shoulders, "I figured you'd be making dolls anymore, eight minutes is no big deal, right?"

Yaga held the small doll in his hand, "So that's the kid?"

"My name is Yuuji Itadori!" He bowed, putting his hands to his side, "I like girls like Jennifer Lawrence! Nice to meet you!" Y/n shook her head at his comment.

"Jennifer Lawrence is so boring." She mumbled, yawning.

"Why are you here?"

"For an interview." Itadori answered, stating the obvious.

"I mean to Jujutsu Speciality."

"Um... to learn Jujutsu?" Itadori questioned instead of stating his answer. Y/n shook her head, going to seat to the side, crossing her legs as she sat on the floor.

"Beyond that. What about after you learn about curses and the way of exorcism?" Yaga inquired of him.

"Well... I'm going to collect the remaining of Sukuna." Itadori raised his hands, touching his fingers with his other hand, "It's dangerous to them as is."

"Why?" Yaga asked, making Itadori widen his eyes in shock, "Incidents, accidents, sickness... people you don't even know are dying every day. That's just how it is."

Y/n and Satoru crossed their arms, thinking the same thing, "There he goes again."

"So you're telling me that if it's curse related it's inexcusable all of a sudden?"

"That's the last request I was left with." Itadori stated, "I'm not concerned with the details, I just wanna help people."

"Last request?" Yaga stood up abruptly, "So you're gonna fight curses based on someone else's will?" Yaga paused, then said the words Y/n knew were coming, "Disqualified." He raised his hand, one of his ugly curse dolls getting up.

"It wasn't a doll?!" Itadori called out.

"Curse Corpse." Yaga corrected him, "No, no... it's just a doll infused with my curse." He put hand up, motioning for the doll to lunge for Itadori. Itadori put his backpack up as the doll threw a punch at him. "People are more honest when they're in a pinch. Until I get a worthy answer, she'll keep on attacking."

"Look, it's not just someone's last request. It's my grandpa's!" He shouted as he hit the doll, making it bounce to the floor, then wall, then back to him.

Yaga spoke as Itadori crashed into the wall, "Even family is considered 'someone else' right? Jujutsu sorcerers are always close to death. And not their own... They must sometimes tear apart the flesh of a curse..." He paused, the doll doing a little dance, "with the dead just visible out of the corner of their eye. It's an unpleasant job."

Y/n shrugged her shoulders as he continued to talk, "You have to be motivated with a fair share of crazy. And you want do to do it because someone else asked you too? Don't make me laugh! It would've been better if you'd told me you were doing it just to postpone your execution."

"Shut up! I..."

"Is it? Is it gonna be your grandfather's fault when you get killed by a curse?" Yaga pointed his finger at him.

"You... say some terrible things, you know that?" Itadori acknowledged, his eyes widened.

"Education includes helping students make realizations." Yaga stroked his short goatee.

"I... I'm not..." He put his hand on his chin, then got punched in the face by the doll.

"It's difficult to say what your heart feels when you're about to die. But I can say this for sure. There's no death for Jujutsu sorcerer without regret! At this rate, you might even curse your beloved grandfather. I'll ask one last time..." Yaga paused, "Why are you here?!"

Itadori held up his arms as the doll charged at him. He caught the doll in a headlock, "Consuming Sukuna... I know that's something only I can do. Even if I could run away from my execution... if I run away from the mission... eat, take a bath, read manga... no matter what, it'll still be there. I'll get depressed thinking that people might be dying because of Sukuna. Thinking that it doesn't involve me... there's no way I can convince myself that it's not my fault. No thanks. I cant say what I'll be thinking when I die, but... I'm not gonna regret the way I live!"

Yaga put his arms behind his back, "Satoru and Y/n, show him to his dorm. And explain the security and rules to him."

"Hm?" Itadori hummed with a confused look on his face.

"You pass! Welcome to Jujutsu Specialty High." Yaga held his hand out.

"Nice to mee—" Itadori let go of the doll, getting punched in the face.

"Oops, sorry! I forgot to stop the incantation." He held up his hand, stopping the incantation.

The three started walking towards the dorms.

"What was your interview like, Y/n?" Itadori turned his head to the girl.

"He asked why I was there and I told him, "I want to and I don't want to be bored while Satoru's out 'teaching'." He gave her a weird look, "I've lived with Satoru since I was six." She elbowed Satoru's side, getting the top of her head ruffled by him. Itadori nodded, ignoring the demon in his head.