|||CHAPTER 24|||ATTACKING TO DO|||

Y/n sat in the driver's seat of Kyotaka's parked car while Itadori sat beside her. They were currently-- looking for the boy, Junpei.

"He's here." Itadori said, motioning towards the boy outside the car. "Hm? Plain clothes?"

"It seems like he hasn't been to school in a bit." Y/n stated, putting her hands on the stirring wheel.

"So, what are we going to do?" He asked, leaning forward a bit to watch the boy as he walked through the small crowd.

"We're going to use those." Y/n pointed at the backseat that held a small crate with small curses in it. Kyotaka gave them to her before they left and explained the plan.

"Are they cursed spirits?"

"'Fly heads.' They're low-grade curses, ranked below 4th grade." Y/n started to explain, "You know, you need to study more." His shoulders and a sweat bead dropped, "Back to the plan, we're going to have them attack him in deserted place."

"Huh?!" Itadori's eyes widened.

"If he's an ordinary person who can't see the curse, we'll go to his rescue. If he can see the curse but can't deal with it, we'll do the same and the interrogate him about the theater. If he exorcises the fly heads with sorcery, we'll restrain him immediately." Y/n clarified, knowing that this boy was a waste of time. But she had to listen to her superiors.

"By force?"

"By force. If it turns out we, well Nanami-san, misjudged the situation, we'll apologize later. However..." Y/n paused, turning her head to look at her classmate, "if Yoshino Junpei is potentially a shaman over 2nd grade," She rolled her eyes at what she was saying, "which I think is impossible, Nanami-san wants us to retreat immediately and join forces with him."

"Why?"

"Because we're 'children'," Y/n put up quotations with her fingers, "well he said you were and he also doesn't want it to get messy."

"Why would it get messy?"

"You ask a lot of questions. Broken buildings and streets. But I could just do my technique and bam!" Y/n snapped her fingers, "He turns to dust."

"You can do that?" Itadori asked in amazement as she nodded. "Wait, you're stronger than Gojō-sensei, so can you do that terrestrial thing?"

"Territorial expansion? Yeah." She answered, then turned her head to look out the window, "Now let's focus on the task. The boy." She pulled the hair tie off her wrist.

"Right." Itadori nodded as he watched her put her h/c hair into a ponytail. Y/n unbuckled her seat belt, leaning back to get the crate. She handed it to Itadori, then got out of the car. He followed suit, shutting the car door after.

She looked over at her classmate, "When we're done, you want to eat something? I'm hungry."

"Yeah, sure," He nodded, then looked down at the crate in his hands, "I'll pay you back."

Y/n walked around the car to stand on the sidewalk next to Itadori. She pushed the button on the keys, locking the car. "I got Kyotaka's card," She pulled a credit card out of her pocket, waving it back and forth, "so we can eat anywhere."

"How did you–"

"He left it in the car." She put it back in her pocket, "Now, come on, we've got some attacking to do." She linked her arm with his, pulling him with her. It looked like they were a couple, sightseeing the city. If Y/n heard that, she'd slap whoever said that.