Mental quirks- Iida

It's been a hot minute yall, I am so sorry for not updating but as you can see I've kinda fallen out of the fandom. I will continue making chapters whenever I feel the motivation, I haven't dropped this story.

Unlike most training, they were warned about this one beforehand. Iida wasn't too sure what to think about it, on one hand, they never did something like this their first year. It was mostly physical training, but he did suppose that the mental training would come in eventually, after all, mental quirks could be the most powerful in some cases.

"Alright class, tomorrow's Training is not optional, but there is no shame in dropping out of it if needed." Their teacher announced, opposed to their usual lecture. This caught the class's attention, Iida pushed his glasses further up his nose, a habit he had picked up not too long ago.

However, the dramatic effect was short-lived when Aizawa-sensei started to slip into his sleeping bag. "A quirk user will be bought in and they have the ability to break mental barriers. Meaning that they will make you face your worst fear and guilts. Though you won't be the only one, this is a partner exercise."

Hagakure was the one to raise her hand first. "Aizawa-sensei, isn't it a bit personal to let someone in your mind like that?"

"As I said, you can opt-out if it becomes too much."

Kaminari didn't even bother to raise his hand as he announced the next question. "Can we pick our partners-"

"No."

"Oh."

Aizawa sighed, pointing to the large chalkboard with the students' names written side by side. "There are your partners. I am giving them to you early so you can go back and discuss what you two may see in each other's heads."

Iida's eyes trailed down the board, landing on his name next to... Bakugou's.

This was sure to be interesting.

The class was abuzz with activity by the time they returned to the dormitory building. By the end of the day everyone was usually tired with an exception of a few energetic students, though now, everyone seemed to be jittery with nervous energy.

Iida, the ever calm and collected student, remained calm. Panic would not do him good in a situation that wasn't even upon them yet.

But he had to prepare, and that was hard when Bakugou refused to even look in his direction.

How was he going to help him through a mental quirk if he wouldn't even cooperate with him?

There was only so much Iida could do.

He was thankful when Mina suggested they all sit in a circle and tell each other about their fears. Truth or truth with more spice, as she said.

Iida of course needed to supervise this unplanned class event. So here he sat listening to Tokoyami hesitantly announce that he was scared of Dark Shadow leaving him. (The class all awwed and patted his shoulder.)

Most everyone had gone, some fears were more personal than others. Hagakure was terrified of being forgotten, which Iida kept in mind. While Mina was downright horrified at the sight of spiders. She made Kaminari and Sero promise not to pull a prank on her.

When they got to Iida he decided to be honest. "I am not sure what I fear." He wishes he did so he could better prepare, but he had never been phased by the normal fears when he was a child. Insects didn't bother him, nor did the darkness.