Depressive Episodes- Kirishima

A\N: I uh... I went a bit overboard with this one 

All things had a system, it was a way of life. It was routine. Now Kirishima wasn't usually one to stick to routine, being in possibly one of the most unpredictable friend group in UA. 

But he liked that.

He enjoyed the spontaneous and unplanned moments in life.

But there was one routine that always stayed in place, no matter the hour, no matter the circumstances.

Wall knocks.

Kirishima and Bakugou shared a wall in the dormitory's, making them dorm buddy's. Of course, Kirishima was ecstatic to hear that him and his 'best bro' were close to each other.

Even if he always got noise complaints for pumping his music too loud during his workouts, but hey, it's not his fault Bakugou decided to go to bed at 8:00. Besides, there were many benefits that out weighed the small problems. 

He was now passing his classes due to Bakugou's aggressive teaching method. He got free meals. Not only that but they were top quality. Man, Bakugou was going to spoil him of all other food.

There were many, many, other things he could list, but there was always something that he loved the most. Seeing Bakugou care.

Katsuki often didn't show any affection towards anyone outside their friend group, but when he was alone, he was much quieter. Softer. He still held that aggressive demeanor, but it was less defensive.

He could relax around him, and Kirishima enjoyed that.

And that's when the wall knocking came into play.

That was when Kirishima got to see Bakugou Katsuki at his weakest, and Vice versa. They had suffered through many situations that normal teens should never have gone through, so of course they were going to have nightmares.

Sometimes they could become too much, growing into that paranoia out of the dream state. Where the shadows moved and untested minds could only conjure up what lurked behind them.

When that happened, they needed each other. Thus, began the knock system.

Two knocks for I'm okay, and three for I'm not.

When Kirishima would hear Bakugou pop off explosions late into the night, Eijiro would knock in question. Most of the time, Bakugou would knock back twice, but occasionally there was three. And Kirishima would book it to his room without hesitation.

It also happened to him.

Sometimes he would knock three times on purpose, just to see Bakugous face. Kirishima felt selfish for it, but he couldn't help it.

Was it gay to cuddle the homies?

Normally Kirishima would say no, but with the way he was there for all of Bakugou's emotional crisis and the way he held him together after he fell apart. Eijiro was starting to think that yes, it was.

And he didn't have a problem with that.

But now, Kirishima didn't want to see him at all. He didn't want to see anyone.

Eijiro thought that those horrible depressive episodes from middle school were a thing of the past. But apparently not.

He hadn't thought of them in a while. Those weeks, or even months of laying in bed with the shades drawn. Of his room being littered with dirty clothes and overdue homework assignments.

Yeah, he didn't like looking back on it.

But now he was forced to.

He felt it coming, like a tsunami after an earthquake. Anxiety settled at the pit of his gut the days before it hit.