13

"NO!" Sophie exclaimed and fell to her knees. She ran into the fire. Keefe held her back. "Wait. I know you're worried but, they'll be alright." He tried to reassure her. They began to extinguish the Everblaze. Soon, the flame died down to reveal the beautiful palace of Havenfield scorched down, leaving just rubble. Everywhere Sophie looked, was scorched.

She ran towards the rubble and began removing it looking for her family and friends, Keefe at her side, helping her. "Sophie!" She heard her name being called out and immediately recognized it.

She ran towards the source and found a tear-stricken Edaline and Grady. "Mom! Dad!" She hugged them. "Is everyone safe?" She asked them.

Edaline bit her lip and looked at Grady. "Tell me!" Sophie urged. "All the citizens of Eternalia were safe. We had the guards protect them. Just a few minor injuries. Everyone who was at the palace was safe too. We leaped them to a safe place. Well, except.." Grady gulped. "Councillor Kenric."

Sophie was speechless. She stared at them blankly. And then, she broke into tears. "No!" She sobbed heavily. She thought about Oralie, everyone knew they loved each other. She thought about his family. It filled her with anger.

"Who did this?" She asked, coldly. "The Neverseen," Edaline said. "But what surprised us the most. Fintan. He's with them."

Sophie gulped. Fintan? She had heard of him to have been a Councillor before Pyrokinesis was banned. He had resigned afterward. But why would he?

"I have to share something as well. We better leap somewhere we can sit. It's going to be a long talk." Sophie said.