15

"YOU SNEAKED OUT!" Grady said more furious than Sophie had ever seen. Sophie winced slightly. "AND YOU-" He pointed to Biana. "YOU LET HER?" He asked her. Sophie interrupted him before he said anything else. "It was my fault. I told her I wouldn't go back with her. She came with me to protect me in case there was any danger. Don't blame her." Sophie defended Biana. 

Biana gave Sophie a grateful look. "So, you knew there might be DANGER, and you still went!" Grady fumed. Sophie had never seen him so angry. "Well, we didn't get hurt, DID WE?" Sophie raised her voice, losing her patience. 

"Why'd you even go, Sophie? Knowing all the dangers." Edaline asked softly. "Answers." Sophie sighed. "Nobody tells me anything. You all think I am too young for it all. Well, if I am not young enough to know about the truth of my existence, I shouldn't be old enough to rule the LOST CITIES, or have a selection?" 

"Sophie, where is this coming from? What do you mean?" Edaline asked while exchanging glances with Grady. "You guys knew. But you never told me. You never told me the truth about me." Sophie said. "You knew I was created by the Black Swan. That I was an experiment. But you didn't think it was important to tell me." 

"Sophie," Edaline started. "We wanted to tell you at the right time-" Sophie interrupted her. "Save it," Sophie said. "When was the right time? When were you going to tell me?"

"Sophie-" Edaline was interrupted yet again, but this time with Grady. "Sophie, you will not speak to your mother like that. The reason we didn't tell you if because the Black Swan killed Jolie and we don't want to do anything that has to do with it!" Grady burst. Sophie didn't move. She slowly backed away. "You don't want anything to do with me." She ran out of the room before Grady could say anything.