Klaus

"You promised we would do this my way." Elena looked down at Elijah's body. "If we work with him, there may be a way to save us all."

"I know, Elena."

With a nod, she pulled the dagger from his chest. It took longer than they were expecting for Elijah to wake up, but, as soon as he opened his eyes, they wished to have been better prepared.

He pushed Elena against the wall, holding her there with his hand around her throat. "Katerina!"

"Elijah," Elena choked out. "It's me, it's Elena."

He fell to the floor, gasping for air. Slamming into wall after wall, he rushed for the front door. He hadn't been invited in.

From the threshold, he asked, "What happened?"

Pressing a finger to her lips, Elena whispered, "We'll tell you. Not here."

The only way they could prove their trust was to give him the dagger, so they did.

Parked on the side of Old Miller Road, Elijah asked, "Where did you get the dagger?"

Abigail leaned into the front seat. "I'm the one with the answer to that question."

"We have to work together," Elena said. "Elijah. I need your word."

He scoffed. "Your ability to make demands has long passed."

"No demands," she persisted. "I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours."

"And why should I even consider this?"

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus." She maintained eye contact with him, even as her phone rang. "And I need you."

"Where are you? Is Abigail with you?" Stefan's frantic voice filled the car. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yes. We're fine."

"Where's Elijah?"

"He's with us, Stefan." She met Abigail's eyes in the rearview mirror. "Abigail has been training with Alaric. If anything goes south, she'll be able to handle it."

"He can't be trusted," Stefan argued. "He'll use you to get to Klaus."

"Elijah is a noble man. He lives by a code of honor. I can trust him. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself." She looked to the man in the passenger seat. "Besides, it's my decision. Please respect it. And make sure that Damon doesn't do anything stupid."

When Elijah held his hand out for their phones, they handed them over without protest.

Abigail looked through the windshield. "He's here."

He forced her to meet his eyes. "Klaus is here?"

"He's taken over Alaric's body."

He laughed darkly. "One of his favorite tricks."

"What are his other tricks?" She asked her next question without giving him time to answer the first one, "What is he going to do next? I mean, you're the only one who knows him."

"Yes," he sighed out. "I am."

He gave Elena directions to the Lockwood Mansion as if she had never been there before. He didn't tell them why, he didn't say anything really, but there was something about the way he craned his neck to look into the backseat that told them everything they needed to know. Once he knew they weren't being followed, he would tell them everything.

"Good morning!" Carol's smile faltered. "What happened to you?"

Elijah's smile didn't meet his eyes. "I've had a bit of an incident, Carol. I'm hoping you could help."