CHAPTER THREE

afterschool carmen went straight to dance practice. dancing was carmen's absolute favorite thing in the entire world. it made her feel...free. she put all her emotion into it. you could say that dancing saved her life, especially after her father died. she was good at it too and everyone knew it. she even had multiple solos in her showcase coming up.

"hey carmen. how are you?" her friend asked as she got to her locker at the studio and put her stuff away.

"oh, hey saoirse. i'm doing okay. what about you though? how's doug?" carmen inquired with her eyebrows, curious about her friend's new relationship.

"it's going good. i feel like i really like him, you know?" she asked giddily. "ugh, I miss the honeymoon phase." carmen replied, sighing dramatically. saoirse laughed when suddenly their dance teacher called them in.

they warmed up and then her teacher asked her to perform her solo. so, she walked to the center of the room. as the music started, she just let her body flow with the music, remembering to hit her moves. when, the song ended everyone clapped and they went on with practicing the dance numbers.

{her solo, she's the first girl}

________________________________________________________________________________

when the class ended carmen ended up running to marcus's house. once she finally got there, she saw marcus and ginny standing across from each other. They were right next to his motorcycle and marcus had a shocked look on his face.

"marcus!" carmen yelled, jumping on his back, "can you carry me in? my legs feel like literal jelly."

"i-i-uh yeah of course, let's go." he replied silently praying that carmen didn't see any of that, whatever it was. he couldn't decide if he liked it or not. It felt so wrong, but right at the same time. he just couldn't explain it. he glared at ginny as he walked past her into the house with carmen on his back.

"bye ginny. see you tomorrow at school." she yelled as marcus ran away.

once he got to his room, he threw her onto the bed. "ah, marcus. you bitch." she giggled, pulling him down with her. "ew, you're sweaty." he said jokingly. the truth was that she didn't smell. she never did. she was perfect like that. she smelled like her usual 'warm vanilla sugar' scent.

she pushed his shoulder, "oh really? is that why snuggling up to me right now? hmmm?" marcus laughed and they started talking about the most random of things. he kept trying to get her to tell him what song she was doing for her solo, but she just kept telling him that it was a secret. they put on a movie, but he just laid his head on her chest and listened to her slow breathing while he started to fall into a deep sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

when carmen woke up the next morning, she got up slowly, making sure not to wake marcus up. she moved the hair in front of his hair back and gave him a kiss on his forehead. she wrote him a note saying that she had went home and that she loves him. she signed it with her signature, carmen, but instead of an a, she wrote a little heart instead. she climbed out of the window and ran back home, but little did she know that a certain curly-headed girl was watching her with jealously.

as soon as she got back into the house, her brother, louis, was standing there with his arms crossed. "with marcus again?"

"yes. but what's it to you?" she didn't want to sound snarky, but she was in a bad mood. she got gotten her period and her mood was all over the place. "did you already pack enzo's lunch?"