CHAPTER TEN

carmen woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the smell of bacon? she immediately jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to the kitchen

carmen woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the smell of bacon? she immediately jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to the kitchen. she was greeted by the sight of her mom sizzling bacon over the stove while talking to enzo. and he was laughing? what the holy hell is going on, she thought.

"well hello there sleepyhead. glad to see you're finally awake." her mom greeted. "hi? uh- is this bacon?" she asked super confused. "yeah. there's also eggs coming if you're hungry."

"um i'll just take the piece of bacon. thanks." she took the piece and ruffled enzo's hair. "hey bud, how are you?"

"i'm doing good. mom's a really good cook. and she's super funny." enzo smiled. carmen frowned. she felt jealous almost. "not as good as you though."

"now that's what i like to hear. okay, um, can you take him to school or do i have to?" she asked her mom. "i can take him. i don't have my job interview until like 12 i think." she replied. "okay then. i'm off then. au revoir!"

————————————————————

"have you ever seen criminal minds? ugh it's so good and spencer reid is so-" carmen was interrupted by her own scream. when ginny had opened her locker max was standing there with blood flowing from her mouth.

"you are insane." ginny exclaimed at max. "yeah, why the need to give us both heart attacks, maxine?" carmen asked. holding her hand over her heart.

max just chuckled at her frightened friends, "oh god. oh man. halloween is my favorite holiday other than my birthday."

"unless your name is jesus, i don't think your birthday counts as a holiday." ginny deadpanned. "that's the meanest thing you've ever said to me." max pouted. "it's true though." carmen shrugged.

"hmmm. hey, every year, my mom and i have this tradition where we do a scary movie marathon and gorge on candy. wanna join?" ginny asked the two girls.

"mmmm. you know i would love to hang out with you and your extremely attractive mother i have plans. marcus and i also have this tradition where we dress up in a cute couples costume and go to this halloween concert. only random and underground artists play there so it's nothing special but we like to make fun of the bands. but i'm sure max is free." carmen offered.

"ew no. girl halloween is, like, the sexiest holiday. we can't just stay in and watch movies like losers." max groaned starting to walk down the hallway.

"hey ginny and carmen." a random girl greeted. "uh hi." ginny awkwardly replied. "cute shirts girls." another random girl complimented. "oh, thanks." carmen replied.

"you're like legit famous. i already knew carmen was, but ginny go you girl." max playfully pushed ginny. "no, i'm not." ginny laughed off. "i am?" she asked.

"yeah. you're like the most famous person here now. even riley's youtube channel doesn't get that many views. frickin' riley."

"ginny, your song. like, follow subscribe. i stan." someone came up to her. "huh, you really are quite the personality." carmen shrugged as they walked towards the rest of their group.