CHAPTER SEVEN

carmen hopped out of the car with the rest of MANG as they all had matching pajamas on, besides carmen

carmen hopped out of the car with the rest of MANG as they all had matching pajamas on, besides carmen. she had her classic silk pajama top and short-shorts on. they all got out confidently hyping each other up, walking up to the school.

"girls!" georgia called them over. "m-a-n-g. ma... what's mang? and why's carmen not included?" ellen asked, concerned for the girl who had been through so much. "carmen said she didn't want to do it and it's MANG, like WANG." max corrected. "and can u just not? but i love you and i'm super grateful to be here."

"MANG. like mango." norah's mom tried. "mom, no." norah replied. "maybe ellen and i should make matching shirts." georgia suggested. "are you trying to embarrass me?" ginny asked. carmen didn't think georgia was embarrassing at all, but it wasn't her place to say anything. "you're the g in MANG and i'm embarrassing? jesus, lighten up."

"just don't talk about any of your ex-husbands or boyfriends, and, oh my god, do not talk to my friends about their sex lives. and don't flirt with the students or other parents. and please, don't hotbox a classroom." ginny scolded. "i only did that once." georgia joked. "mom, please." ginny pleaded. "i didn't realize i was such a liability...fine i'll stay out of your way, g." carmen gave georgia a sad smile and walked away with ginny to meet up with the rest of MANG.

as soon as carmen walked in she was greeted by the sight of lights flashing, a dance floor, people everywhere, food, basically everything. "ok, this is better than i could've ever imagined!" max praised.

"holy crap. this is carnival on crack." ginny said. hunter started walking over to them as they took in the scenery, "so, i staked out a spot for us, scoped out the joint, and came up with a game plan."

"i love a game plan." ginny replied. "hey, i love a game plan too. here's my plan. let's get weird!" brodie exclaimed. they all cheered and ran over to the dance floor.

carmen was having the time of her life. she forgot about her life for a second. for just one second she was free. she was just a normal girl with no responsibilities who only wants to dance. it didn't last long though. "oh, wait, wait, wait. i have a great idea. oh my god. you're going to love this." max cheered. she pulled them over to the photo booth and posed. abby hopped in next, right on max's lap. then carmen. she pasted her fake smile on and cling onto abby. then norah. she jumped onto carmen and squealed. ginny was last to come posing right next to norah. the girls took probably what were probably thousands of pictures before hunter popped his head in, "hey gals, mind if i get one with ginny?"

"oh yeah, go ahead." they all chorused and hopped out of there so they could take their cute couple pictures, or whatever.

"c'mon girls. i have a bouncy house calling my name." carmen exclaimed with a perfect smile that could make even the mean person swoon. they all laughed ran to the bouncy house.

"hey max. do you know if marcus is here? he told me he was coming but i haven't seen him." carmen asked. "yeah, i think. why? have you guys not been speaking?" max worriedly asked. "we have. sort of. but i was just making sure." carmen reassured. "okay." max shrugged and continued jumping.