CHAPTER NINE

"lydia bennet is described in the book as 'untamed, wild, noisy, and fearless

"lydia bennet is described in the book as 'untamed, wild, noisy, and fearless.' my free read project is 'internalized sexism: why we don't like lydia bennet' . the unsung feminist of the book is lydia. she's more an angel of free will than even elizabeth because she bucks society's rules and acts of her own agency. so why do we judge her so harshly?" ginny asked.

"because she's a slut." a random boy in the back commented. a couple students snickered so carmen took that as an opportunity to turn around and defend her friend, "yes, brian. tell us more about the views of feminism you've formed while jerking off to gal gadot." the students chuckled as he stayed silent.

"but you can't deny lydia's actions were rash and ill-advised." hunter raised his hand. ginny turned her head and anyone in their right mind could see that she was pissed, "stop shaming her."

"stop- shaming lydia bennet?" hunter asked confusedly. "ok! ginny convinced me. lydia bennet is hundo a feminist." max stepped in.

"she almost took her whole family down. it was immature." hunter reasoned. "women get a million different messages on how they're supposed to be. it's confusing." ginny responded. "preach." carmen spoke up. "ok ginny, you need to calm down. you're being aggressive." mr. gitten said.

"ginny miller, please come to the office." a voice over the intercom said. ginny looked confused before she packed up her things and stormed out.

————————————————————

carmen walked over to marcus. "hey, you still coming to 'battle of the bands'?" he asked her as he saw her walk over.

"yeah. promised ginny and the rest of mang that i would be there to support hunter and the rest of the band. you going to support padma?" she asked.

"mhm. can we still go there together? i really wanna make fun of them with you." he pleaded. she laughed, "of course, you know that's our thing."

"good. ok well i gotta go. make sure you eat. love you bye." he walked off.

————————————————————

carmen stood right next to marcus clinging on his arm. they might have pregamed a little. so they were giggling like crazy. "mmm if i could fuck a voice it would definitely be his." carmen pointed at scott, sophie's friend, singing. "what? first off ew. second off, i'm literally right here." he replied.

"aw don't worry you have a fuckable voice too." she pouted. he laughed and spun her around. what the happy couple didn't notice was ginny looking over with jealousy. of course she scolded herself for feeling like that but you can't help who you fall for. wait. fall for?

"hey can we talk? i feel like you're maybe mad at me." ginny was interrupted from her thoughts when hunter came over. "you didn't say anything after the photo. i feel like you don't really like me." ginny replied. "what? are you kidding?" hunter breathed out.

"hey! hunter let's go. we're on next." padma interrupted. hunter turned back to ginny and silently apologized before walking away.

a couple minutes later the band walked onto stage and looked like they were ready to play. "hey, marcus." she tapped the boy who was sucking on her neck. "they're about to play. off!"

"you're no fun." he pouted before turning back to the stage.

"so, i'm not normally the one who sings the songs. um i leave that to the very talented padma." hunter chuckled as a few 'yeah padma' chorused in the crowd. "but tonight i'm making an exception. something happened to me recently or rather someone happened. ginny miller, this song's for you."

"oh no." carmen groaned. hunter was going to sing? now she was going to have to try even harder to hold in her laugh.

"i can barely breathe when you are near." carmen and marcus looked at each other with disgusted expressions. "and i'm really, really scared you're gonna disappear." they both started bursting out laughing. like doubled over laughing. "i can't breathe when you are near..." hunter finished off before the beat starting picking up. people started to stare at carmen and marcus.

"oh my god. oh my god. we have to leave. i cant stop laughing." carmen exclaimed. "me either." marcus breathed out in between laughs.

when they got to carmen's house they were still giggling. "shhhh," she placed her pointer finger over his lips. "we have to be very, very quiet."

they somehow managed to get upstairs and into her bed. "how would you like it if i serenade you? do girls like that?" marcus whispered. "oh god, please don't."

marcus hopped out of bed and grabbed her hairbrush. "this ones for carmen dubois." he pointed at her. she fake gasped and fanned herself, "oh! for me? i'm so flattered."

"here goes nothing. 1 2 3 4. i don't want your sympathy, but you'll never know what you do to me
oh, carmen! (oh, carmen!)
every time i see your face, there's only so much i can take
oh, carmen! (oh, carmen!)
well i guess it would be nice if i could touch your body
if i could touch your body
if i could touch your body" he lightly sang as he reached out for her hand. she accepted. and they swayed as he continued to sing.

when he was done she asked, "did you just sing my favorite unreleased harry styles song and replace anna with my name?"

"yup. did you like it?" he asked her still swaying with her against his chest. "of course. you actually have a really good singing voice." she complimented. "mmm, thanks. now let's go to bed. i'm so unbelievably tired." he pulled her into bed.

A/N
short chapter but that's the end of episode four! hope u enjoyed. 💖💖