4 - Thief

Life had been going downhill since Cat Noir's last visit. I gave up on trying to cover the mark on my neck, not wanting him to act on his threats. He did frighten me a little, though I would never admit it to him. The worst part was, no one knew who he really was. It felt like I was constantly being watched by him, that dreaded gut feeling. He could be literally anyone, at anytime. That was the scariest bit. He could be watching my every move and I'd be none the wiser.

The 'slut' comments had reached an all time high, I tried my best not to acknowledge it. I didn't care to be honest, people can say what they like. There was only one opinion I had grown to care about, that was Luka's. He was the string keeping me from falling. He never seemed to judge, or conform to public opinion, he was kind of perfect in that way. Completely secure and stable in himself, it was attractive I must admit. 

I woke up to see yet again Adrien had already left, it was a relief. I woke up with enough time to find a decent outfit, a crop top and a mini tennis skirt. I was feeling confident for once and was embracing it. Flinging my bag over my shoulder and throwing on a cardigan, for the first time, I walked out of my room with no rush.  

As I calmly walked through the halls, it was a task to not notice the prying eyes. I knew what was being said about me, and I knew the source. I was desperate to just find the lecture hall, take me seat and vanish into the sea of people. I turned the corner and the hall door sat on my horizon line. I felt my speed hasten. Longing to be out of the firing line. 

Suddenly, all hope was ripped away from me and my back was harshly met with the cold stone wall. The impact made me yelp but I covered it well. I turned my head to the side, not giving him the satisfaction he craved. I didn't even need to move my stare, to know that Adrien was the boy towering over me. He began to lean in closer and I backed up further against the wall, hoping I would become part of it. He slammed is fist into the stone right next to my head, trying to warrant a reaction from me. It worked. The scare made me jolt and I turned my blazing eyes up to him.

'What the fuck do you think you're wearing, Garcia' He said threateningly. 

'Whatever I want to' I smiled sarcastically, 'Problem?

'Yes there's a fucking problem' He spat and reached down, grabbing the end on my skirt and clasping it between his white knuckles, 'What's this?

'A skirt? Look, this is a load of bull and I need to get to class...' I attempted to swerve under him but he pressed his forearm over my chest and kept me in place.

'You need to go and change...now' He seethed, his voice becoming heavily authoritative. 

'Why? I don't see why you care about what I'm wearing' I scoffed, trying to beat my frustration. 

'Well, you know this will only fuel the fire of the public opinion of you' He whispered softly, making me shiver. He used his spare hand to sweep my hair to the side, revealing the mark. He was smiling at it, knowing he didn't needs words to prove his point. I lowered my eyes, feeling defeated at the amount of power he had over me. 

'Well, we both know who caused all of that' I rolled my eyes. 

'Oh yes' He smiled, 'But you got that little number all on your own' He lightly touched it and I jolted at the sensation.

'Just don't, you have no idea what you're talking about' I said sternly.

'I can find out' He said, confidently. 

'Go to hell' I spat and tried to struggle against him. I hating how useless I was with him. 

'You're trying my patience' He said emotionlessly.