21 - Rouen and Ruins

Warning – Sexual Content

A/N – Hey everyone! Thanks for bearing with me again. Hope yous all loved the reveal! Buckle up and enjoy.

My mind was running faster than my legs. Though that hardly seemed plausible. Yet no matter how fast my thoughts flew, my mind was somehow blank. There was no feeling. Void of thoughts. Full of torment.

My head was empty. My eyes full of tears. My heart missing.

I ran so far; I couldn't recognise the streets. Everything was darker. The rain overflowing the drains. As if the city itself was weeping with despair. The buildings seemed to grow taller and cave in overhead, looming above me. Growing with each step I took. Much like my reality. Unescapable. Catching me up. Ruthlessly taunting me, much like him.

Somehow, something familiar entered my peripheral vision. All the way down the road I found myself on, was the club-Luka!

In that moment I had no one else, no one to turn to and nowhere to go. I needed him. As I dialled his number into my phone, I released a silent prayer. I needed him to answer. I knew it was selfish and unfair, perhaps even cruel. But he had to be there for me. Otherwise, there's nothing for me. No one. I needed him. And of course, like he always would, he answered.

'Hello?'

I paused. Unable to form words. I had to explain but I didn't understand it myself. I didn't allow myself to believe it was real until that moment. My stiff upper lip still denying myself to process the truth. Maybe it was because I was humiliated, utterly embarrassed. If it was real, I couldn't of been so stupid. If it were real, I wouldn't have trusted him and would have known better. I wouldn't have loved him.

By that logic it couldn't be real. Yet, I found myself standing in the rain, alone.

'Hello?' He repeated, 'Is someone there?...Ari?'

'Hi' I responded, nausea rising up my tensed throat. 'I really need your help'

'I can't lie Ari, you picked bad timing' He sighed, and I could feel every muscle tense inside. 'I'm visiting my sister at the moment, but if you want to come to Rouen there's a spare room...'

'Rouen? When did you leave?' I was repulsed by the whining tone in my voice.

I could hear him growing fed up. 'Listen Aria, if you need me that bad you have to come to me because I can't do much over the phone and my sister needs me too.'

'But-'

'What were you expecting? I can't just always drop everything for you anymore Ari, you know that?'

'I-', I knew, and I felt awful but what else could I do?

'I would've you know...if you'd asked me before' He took a deep steady, inhale and released, 'Look, there's a train tomorrow morning – early morning, I can meet you at the station, but I can't leave my sister right now'

'I understand. I'll be there.' It was my only option. Paris was turning into hell, and I couldn't stand and wait while my world burns away. 'Thank you, Luka. I promise I'll explain everything tomorrow'. I hung up the phone and stood. Somehow, I thought hearing his voice would help a little but yet I was still as alone and hopeless. I accepted the fact that going to the flat wasn't an option and Luka wasn't even in the city, so his apartment wasn't possible either. My only other place would be... No. I pushed the thought away before it had the chance to enter my mind. Reflecting my choices, walking to the train station and simply waiting was the best option. Maybe not the warmest or most sensible but there was no chance in hell I would take a single step into my flat. Not anymore. Not with him