15 - A Second Date

Warning - Sexual Content 

I missed him.

It had been three days since I last saw him. He didn't bother to keep his side of our deal and come at the end of the week. It saddened me. I wanted to see him. The last words I had said to him, I should've taken more care, they must've hurt him. I guess being apart from someone makes you realise how much you actually do care. It was an uncertain feeling but as the clouds began to turn darker, I found myself longing to be in his arms. 

I hadn't seen Luka since... the last time I saw him. That didn't stop him from texting me though. I couldn't find the heart to respond. This was all my fault. What happened at the concert should never have happened. I had risen his hopes knowing I would let them fall. Luka was great but I didn't want him, the way I wanted Cat. Telling him and hurting him like that would be too painful, I had no clue what I was going to do. I didn't want to lose him but it was my fault for leading him on, for letting this all happen. 

My phone buzzed, rudely interrupting my racing mind. I groaned at the thought of it being from Luka. I resentfully looked at my phone and took it in my hands. It was a news alert. Another storm was due to his Paris tonight. Great. If only he would just come back and hold me, tell me everything will be alright. 

'Another storms coming' I told Adrien as he walked into the room. He stopped and shot me with a confused look.

'Okay? And?'

'I was just saying' I shrugged, brushing off his hostility. 

We spent the rest of the night in a cold silence. When he turned the lights out, the fear kicked in. I could hear the claps of thunder edging closer as their volume increased. My hands became clammy and my feet hot. My stomach dropping as every boom made me jump. I pulled the covers over my head, trying to shut out some of the noise. 

I heard Adrien get out of bed. The lights flickered on and he put a movie into the TV. He then simply lay back down and turned over, ignoring me. 

A little smile grew on my lips. There was no need for a conversation, but I appreciated that he remembered. I used the movie as a distraction from the storm and it was comforting. When the lightening began, it was easier to cope with the lights on. Every now and then Adrien would turn over and look at me, checking up, and then revert back to ignoring me. 

In the morning, we had both fallen asleep with the TV on. I awoke to Adrien flicking through the channels. For a split second, I saw an image of Cat Noir.

'Wait!' I shouted, he turned in surprise, 'Go back'

He tiled his head as if to say, really?

'Please, just go back a few channels' I pleaded. He sighed and began to click back through them. When I saw the image again, I said 'Stop'

It was a news headline. Oh my god! I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My eyes lit up and my heart felt like soaring. Adrien made a disgusted grumble 

'Cat Noir renounces his claim over Paris' 

The newsreader began to explain, 'Just this morning, everywhere had received the news that his rain of terror has officially met it's end. Expect the streets to become at lot safer and make sure to be outside during the celebra-'

Adrien turned it off. 

'Hey! I was watching that'

'Don't bother' He rolled his eyes, 'That guy's an idiot'

'Oh really? What makes you say that?'

'He gave up all his power for some stupid girl' He retorted. I shifted uncomfortably.