7 - Childish

I wakened to the comforting, familiarity of my flat. I examined my wrist for marks left by the cuffs. I was mainly checking if last night wasn't a hallucination. Unluckily for me and all those people, it wasn't. I was relieved he was proving to be a man of his word, he did put me back after all. The bruises left on my wrist would last quite a while and act as a constant reminder of the monster I would rather forget. I turned face down into my pillow and screamed out of frustration. What right does he have? He doesn't own me, I thought. He can't just take me and put me back when he feels like it. I refused to be his little pet. To always come at his beckon call and let him do as he wishes. Repelling the thoughts of how my life would be if I wasn't so defiant of him. Part of him seemed to like it though, to be challenged. I suppose it allowed him to try and prove him dominance over me, he loved that and it made me sick. He was obsessed with the idea of making me submit, which I had no intention of doing. He doesn't deserve the satisfaction.

My phone buzzed next to my pillow. It was a text... from Luka. I couldn't decide wether to open it or not. The inner turmoil was making me dizzy. Surely, just reading it couldn't hurt? I thought. Unsure of wether the risk was worth it. My hands cast aside my gut feeling and opened it.

Hey Ari! Thanks so much for yesterday and sorry it got cut short :/ I hope it wasn't too bad once I left, anyway there's a party tonight at Nathaniel's and I think you should come. I'll be there so come and find me when you get there. Hope you make it, L x

As my eyes read the last few words my phone was rapidly snatched away from me. I rolled my eyes and turned over in my bed. Adrien's eyes were diligently reading the message. He snapped back to me and he handed it back.

'You're not going' He simply stated, matter-of-factly. I felt my blood begin to simmer so I took a few deep breathes.

'Why not?' I asked, sitting up and squinting my face at him. His glare only stiffened.

'Because, I'll be there and there'll be this wonderful thing called alcohol-which won't mix well with you, trust me' He sneered, talking to me as if I were a child. I felt myself tense up.

'Oh please' I scoffed, rather childishly, 'I could out drink you any day' I stood up and walked to the door, turning back only to say 'And I'll prove that to you tonight'

'You better not be there, Garcia' He warned severely however I cast a sinister smile and turned my back on him.

I left him with his stubborn scorn as I floated out the room, excited for me to finally live the life of a university student. One without a crazy, super villain, arsonist stalker breathing down my neck. A little bit of letting loose and freedom would feed my soul, providing the little push I need to keep going.

That whole day I was buzzing with excitement. I had never been to a party before, however drinking-I was very familiar with that. I used to have an abusive relationship with alcohol, mainly myself abusing it. It was a good coping mechanism for a while, until it became addictive. Part of me was worried about drinking again but I needed to let myself go a bit. I had way to much steam to blow off. Besides, I was pretty confident I wouldn't over indulge. At least my long history with the stuff would definitely mean a victory over arsehole Agreste.

After a long deliberation, I had chosen an outfit. I wore a black mini skirt-good for slimming and a pair of thigh high, lace heels. On the top I curled my hair and wore a not-too-fancy not-too-casual white top. It made my tits look amazing so that was a plus. I also decided to wear makeup. I don't normally wear it, not a lot at least. However, I boldly chose to do a full face with black winged cat eye liner. I felt gorgeous and confident. This was what I had planned university to be like and it was finally happening.