Back together

Chapter 16

Duncan's POV:

I poked my food. Sport smiled and leant against me. I gave him a smile back and then looked at James. He was sullen, attacking his mashed potatoes. That weird blonde kid Cameron was staring at Sport and me in confusion.

Finally I snapped, "What?!"

He didn't look offended, rather calm as he asked, "Aren't you and James supposed to be married?"

"The study's over, I can do whatever I want," I replied heatedly.

"Don't you mean whoever?" James sulked. I looked at him in annoyance. He was so irritable nowadays.

Skylar came into the dining room holding a picture. She held it up proudly to James. He smiled and cuddled her, congratulating her for outstanding work. Then he showed Cameron. He showed Cameron but not ME?!

"Skylar, show daddy," I smiled. She glanced at me with huge baby eyes and replied, "I did." I blinked and said, "Show mommy."

"You're a bad mommy. Uncle Cammy at least brings cookies home," she pouted, taking the picture and leaving. I frowned. What's her problem?

Sport turned my head to face him. We kissed. I smiled. He was so lovable!

"Wow...this dinner just gets weirder and weirder, I'm starting to regret accepting the sleepover invite," muttered Cameron.

"Then go home!" I barked.

James glared at me. I moved my gaze back to Sport. We stared at each other, smiling happily.

"Cam, can I talk to you for a moment?" James asked, rising from the table. Cameron shrugged and got up. They left the room.

Sport smiled and said, "I've been thinking of various activities we can do at the sleepover." I grinned.

"We can play games, build forts, play games inside the forts," I said. Sport leant closer and rested his head on my chest. "We can do other things inside forts." I blushed.

James came back, his eyes locking on us. "Stop that," he growled. Sport raised his head and regarded James warily before moving away.

"We wanna build forts," he announced. James stared at him.

Cameron came into the room, looking upset. "Who wants to play baby games?"

"Inside the forts we'll play an awesome game, a little friendly competition," said Sport. He had to say competition. James looked at him with interest. "I'm listening."

"Duncan will be in my fort and you can have the golden retriever," he jerked his head towards Cameron. "We have to make sure they don't leave the fort all night. If they leave then you lose and the winner gets to publicly humiliate the loser."

"Sounds like my kinda game. What's the rules?" asked James.

"No tying them down. I'll set up trip wires outside the tents so if you leave you'll set them off. Erm...you're allowed to keep them busy anyway you can."

"Wait, I don't like the sound of this game," I said. It sounds like Sport's just trying to advantage of us. He looked at me and kissed me. I giggled. James snorted.

"Sound like a deal?" Sport asked.

"Sounds like a game and okay," agreed James.

The next few hours was spent setting up the forts and traps. Sport being Sport insisted that they be close to each other.

Finally we were done and we entered our fort. It was snug. Actually, it resembled more of a tent than anything else. It even closed.

Sport entered. He closed it, a smile on his face. "Let's party."