We're like ninjas

Chapter 10- double digit party!

I stared at him in horror. He...and I...ewww! I had a breakdown followed closely by a tantrum before I shot Duncan with a death glare.

Duncan coughed and looked away. I shuddered and rose quickly. "That was sudden and totally unexpected."

"Yeah...erm..." he trailed off.

"Forget about it," I said, attempting to laugh it off. I couldn't. My voice cracked and I sat down hard. Duncan was speaking but his voice droned in my ear. I couldn't believe what just happened. I trembled.

"James, are you freaked out?" Duncan asked meekly. I looked at him and laughed icily.

"Me?! Freaked out?! No way, nothing to be freaked out about happened," I said tightly. He stared at the bed. I scowled.

"I need to find a hot girl and kiss her," I announced, getting up and looking at Duncan. He nodded. I opened the door and stared at Sport. He was standing there with a taser.

"Where'd you get that?" I asked, jerking my head at the weapon. He glanced down at it and said, "It came in the mail. From Michelangelo. He left a note saying that if you two don't obey these rules," he flapped a piece of paper at me, "I can taser you."

I snatched the page away from him. It was the basic rules Michelangelo explained to us earlier. Just when I thought he couldn't shock us. My scowl deepened.

"Chillax, I'll only taser you if you guys are really badly behaved," he smiled.

"James," said Duncan. I peeked over at him. He was looking pointedly at Skylar. An idea formed in my mind.

"Hey Sport, can you stay here and keep an eye on Skylar? Duncan and I need some girl-time," I told him. Sport nodded excitedly and bounced into the room. I grinned and backed out of the room slowly while he was chatting animatedly about how awesome it was.

The deck was full of insanely beautiful girls. A smirk settled on my face, deciding we were going to be the best of friends.

Duncan quickly chased my new friend away by stepping up beside me and slipping his hand into mine. I pulled my hand away and stared frost at him. He lowered his gaze and mumbled, "I'm scared."

"Of being up deck? With people? And you call me anti-social," I said nervously.

"I mean I'm scared of falling overboard," he murmured, leaning against me. I stepped aside. He pinwheeled for a moment before regaining his balance and shooting me a dirty look. I gave him the classic raspberry in return.

Just great, now I lost sight of the girls. Inwardly blaming Duncan, I stalked off. My feet guided me back to the strange door with the inhuman purring. I hesitated and glanced at Duncan.

"What's this?" he asked curiously, pushing it open. I groaned and face-palmed. We entered.

There was loud chanting coming from the room. At least the room wasn't that dark. Duncan still latched onto my arm in fright though. I thought about shaking him off and decided he'd make a good shield if the need arose so we crept stealthily forward.

We were quiet and stuck to the shadows. To any normal person, we were like ninjas! We were invisible, silent, deadly and ultra co-my nose is itching.

I froze. Duncan bumped against me. He's a tad heavier than I am which explained why I was sent sprawling out of shadows, stumbling into the middle room. The hooded figures with their backs turned didn't notice me but before I could congratulate myself and slink back into the shadows, I sneezed.

They all spun around. Angry little eyes glared at me. I blinked hard and sneezed again. Stupid dust!

"Trespasser!" boomed one of the figures. I quickly summed up my situation and said the first thing that came to mind, "Losers."