We're married?!

Chapter One

I sat up and looked around blearily. Naps weren't good for much other than disorientating me. The TV was on, which wasn't surprising in the slightest actually. I adjusted the blankets over my legs.

Duncan came into the lounge carrying a tray with a bowl of cereal. He sat down next to me and started eating. I stared at the bowl.

"Hey, where's mine?" I asked. He looked at me. He knows I don't like to go into the kitchen so he should've made me something, I mean isn't that what good friends do?

"Don't even think about giving me the friend speech. What have you actually ever done for me?" asked Duncan, as if he read my mind. I grumbled under my breath and looked away in annoyance.

Duncan resumed eating. I got up and was on my way to the kitchen when the doorbell rang.

I stared at the door, hoping someone other than me would have to open it. No one came to answer it and I sighed.

Reluctantly, I went to the door and tugged it open. A blonde man was standing there. His eyes were shining in excitement and I immediately yelled, "Duncan!"

Duncan came to the door, wiping his mouth. He stopped in surprise. "Michelangelo?"

Michelangelo? Who's that? I wanted to ask but I bit my tongue and silently glared at the crazy man.

"Oh, erm James, this is my therapist Michelangelo. Michelangelo, this is the reason I come to you so often," said Duncan teasingly gesturing to me. I snorted and stuck out my hand. Michelangelo ignored it and barged into my house.

"I have great, awesome and superb news! Which do you wanna hear first?" he asked, looking at us.

"Great news," said Duncan immediately. I frowned and asked, "Why are you here? Don't you have people your own age to talk to?"

Once more I was ignored. I pouted. Childish, I know but I don't like being ignored.

"I have to do a study on the lives of married couples!" cried the psychologist. Duncan clapped. I didn't. He continued, "You and James get to help me."

Huh? Why? I arched my brow and tilted my head questioningly. Duncan looked confused as well. "Why?"

"I need some people to pretend to be a married couple," said Michelangelo with a shrug. I scowled and asked testily, "What does that have to do with us?"

"You two are gonna be my married couple!" cheered the blonde. My jaw dropped. Duncan stared in horror.

"Your married what?!"

---------------------------------------------

This is my first story so please comment and vote. I hope you enjoyed it. I'll try to put up another chapter soon:]