Honeymooners

Chapter 8:

My parents hovered anxiously by my bed. The doctor nodded and said, "He should be fine now." Mummy sighed in relief. The doctor left. I looked at my parents.

Daddy risked a nervous smile. We still haven't had a proper discussion about the real wedding they threw. They were avoiding it. Even now, they were looking hopefully at the door.

"We'll just be leaving now," said Mummy, kissing my forehead. I sunk back onto my pillows. Daddy said something about getting me checked out of the hospital and they left.

James slid out from under my bed. I knew he was there but I cringed up away. He stood up, dusting himself off.

"This is jank," he huffed.

"Jank?"

"Messed up."

"You could've just said that."

"Nah."

He climbed onto the bed and slumped next to me. I blinked at him. He turned to face me.

"Casey says I should give you this," he said. My face turned hot. He rolled his eyes and kissed his hand then smacked my face gently. I frowned.

"She actually said I should kiss you but I don't feel like it," he said, folding his arms behind his head and staring at the ceiling. I fluffed my pillow and replied, "You're gonna have to anyway."

"Later," was his answer. He sounded like he was falling asleep. I glanced at him. He was asleep. I groaned and shoved him. He opened his eyes.

"Howdy lovebirds!" Michelangelo's voice sang. I jumped up in alarm. James narrowed his eyes.

Michelangelo was leaning on the side of the bed, a cheery smile on his face.

"I'm gonna kill you," growled James, sitting up. My therapist shuffled backwards. He grinned and threw two pieces of paper at us. I grabbed them and examined it. Tickets. For a boat cruise in the Caribbean.

"What's this?" I asked curiously.

"Tickets doofus," snapped James, glaring at them. I scowled and replied, "I know that, I meant what are they for?"

"A cruise. It's for your honeymoon," answered Michelangelo.

"Honey-what?!" James snarled.

"Honeymoon. You guys got officially married. I was gonna give them to you for your fake anniversary but your parents gave me a much better reason."

Aw thanks Mummy. I groaned aloud.

"It'll be awesome! I can see how honeymoons generally turn out. It'll be bonus material for my study."

"Go f-" began James. He was cut off when he 'mysteriously' fell off the bed. He cursed and got up, shooting me a nasty look. I ahemmed.

"Anyway, the boat leaves tomorrow. It's for a few weeks, two I think," added Michelangelo.

"Hey, at least we're almost done with your stupid study," said James brightly.

"Ahh, not quite. Thanks to the generous help of Duncan's marvelous parents I'll continue to study you guys even after two weeks. Coz you'll be married."

James said what he wanted to say before he ended up on the floor. I winced.

Michelangelo didn't seem to mind. He waved to us and left the room. I fixed the tickets with a moody stare.

"Let's burn them," suggested James. I slapped him.

"Don't be stupid. We can still use them."

"For a honeymoon? No way man!"