Fame and everything else that comes with it

Chapter 11

Duncan's POV:

My mind was in a turmoil. James was avoiding me and Sport was staring at me. It's hard to concentrate when you're being stared at by a teenager.

"You can stop now," I muttered. He grinned, "Nah, it's fun recording you mumble and whimper to yourself."

I scowled at him angrily and retorted, "I'm not whimpering and mumbling, I'm talking to Skylar."

"She's asleep..."

"Shut up!"

Sport grinned broadly. I sighed and buried my head in my hands. I was so confused.

Something clapped my back and I looked up. James was frowning at me in what I guess could be called concern.

"I thought you were dying the way you were wailing," he sniggered. I looked away from him. I was depressed, couldn't he see that?!

"Duncan? Are you okay?" he asked. I glanced back. He wasn't even looking, he was chasing Sport off his bed with a series of violent and rude gestures. I stuck out my tongue at him. Childish I know but sometimes it's the best attack against this guy.

Sure enough, he twitched and looked over his shoulder at me. He raised his hand, showing me that I was number one with the wrong finger.

Emotion wrapped itself around and me. Looking away quickly I was aware of my eyes starting to blur. I rubbed at them frantically.

"Hey Duncan!" James called. I sniffed and looked at him. He looked troubled.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked me, leaning forward and poking my nose. Sport said something about gold and I tossed a pillow at him. He winced and backed away.

"I dunno. I'm feeling very emotional right now," I told James. He sighed in relief and said, "Good. I thought you were gonna tell me something ridiculous, like you're pregnant."

"It's impossible for guys to have kids that way," I automatically said. He smiled warmly. "See, that's the Duncan I know and l...l...regard as a friend." He frowned quizzically at the floor, probably wondering what that was about.

"Sport, can you leave?" I asked him. He shook his head proudly. "I'd love to, but no. I have to stay here and record everything that happens."

I could've punched him.

"Dude the ship's docking in a few hours, get some surface time," said James flapping his hand at him. Sport switched off his camera and nodded. "Kay. But one of you has to hold the taser, remember only taser each other of you're naughty," he said, tossing James the weapon. Sure, give the weapon to James. It's a great idea. I snatched it off.

Sport left. Once he was gone, I looked impatiently at James and said, "We need to talk."

"Bout?" he asked lazily, sprawling on the bed, twisting himself into a yoga position just he could reach his toes. He grinned at my expression of disgust.

"Everything. When we go back, no telling people I screamed like a girl when we were fighting the cult," I insisted.

"Then no telling them I climbed a pillar to hide. Say I was surrounded and I valiantly fought them off until you helped."

"No telling ANYONE about my breakdown!"

"Yup. Don't tell anyone I can't swim."

"Everyone knows you can't."

"Sheesh, is nothing sacred anymore?"

"No telling people I was so scared I clung to you."

"Don't tell people we were on a honeymoon cruise anyway. Tell them we were undercover, like ninjas."