Chapter Three

For some reason this boy was so relatable even though I know nothing about him and even if I ever get to know him it will be impossible to know everything about him.

We shared the meat and ate our portions. After eating he kept staring at me curiouly. Then I broke the silence by asking him.

"Did you eat well?"

Then with his hoarse boyish voice he said

" Yes... Thank you..."

" What's your name?"

"Ah... Just call me Killion."

" Nice to meet you Killion! Please call me Kira."

I am so excited to meet someone who doesn't despise me. I am overjoyed to have met him. He gave me a small smile and we shook hands.

I felt a sharp pain from my legs and groaned.

Killion got startled and stepped closer to me. He noticed my dress getting red from my blood. His eyes widened at the sight of my blood.

Killion held my hand and tried to help me but I squeezed it and stood up. Then, I looked him in his blue eyes and told him.

"It's ok I'm fine..."

" But you're bleeding!"

" I am wounded, that's all...I have to go back. "

I took my bow and arrows and buried them near the hole on the wall of the estate and went back to my room. I was no longer hungry but exhausted from the hunting and dirty.

When I entered my room I went to the bathroom to clean myself. I filled the bathtub with cold water because nobody would ever prepare me hot water and took off my dirty nightgown.

I stared at my bandaged legs, saw the filthy bloodied bandages and slowly removed them. I was a bit scared to look at the wounds but I could guess that they were severe. I staggered to the bath tub and with a bit of effort I went inside.

I felt the cold water surround me and my wounds burning. I closed my eyes and tried to forget the pain. When I had my eyes closed, I kept thinking of Killion and why I found him so relatable.

Suddenly, just like a vision I saw a handsome young man who resemled Killion, holding a big sword. He looked like a soldier with a fancy armour made with black metal that suits his black hair.

I opened my eyes again and noticed that the water was no longer clear. The colour of the water was red. A vermilion that resembled my hair colour.

I quickly went out of the bathtub and drained the water. I took a look at my wounds and I saw nothing. There was no blood.

Only a white scar that was barely visible. I touched the scar and felt like touching an anaglyph crescent moon. The scar started glowing in a golden light and I felt full of energy.

I dried my hair and wore my brown rag that I had cleaned from the blood stains and then hand washed the nightgown. Then, I went to the library sneakily to not meet anyone who would cause me trouble.

The moment I entered the library, numerous rows of bookshelves tall enough to reach the top of the room, surrounded me. For a minute I stood in awe.

I slapped my cheeks and got back to my senses. I searched through the library for books about magic and the moon.

Hours passed and every book I read said nothing about what I was looking for. Then I went to the very last bookshelf and found a black leather book that looked very different from any other book here.