Chapter Twenty-eight

I beg you... Please get well...

After I gave him the pill, Kyle calmed down a little bit but his fever is still high.

He keeps trembling while his body is burning hot.

What should I do to help him?

I can only pray.

Why does his condition make me sad and worried? Maybe it's because it's my job to protect him.

I took a towel and a bowl of cold water to wipe his sweat. I wetted the towel and carefully patted his face, forehead and cheeks. Then I saw some sweat running down his throat and sliding to his chest.

I immediately remembered his hard chest that was pressed against my boobs earlier. I gulped down my saliva and pulled out the blanket. Under the blankets, Kyle was wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants. What do I do now?

I am determined to help him. I have to put aside my feelings!

I took off his t-shirt and revealed his naked upper body. He was sweating profusely. I diffidently soaked the towel and patted his neck. I went lower to his chest and carefully patted everywhere.

Then I reached to his abdomen. His six pack was hard and sweaty. I cleaned everything.

Kyle was calmer now but I was uneasy at the sound of his heavy breathing. I covered him with the blanket and went to the kitchen to prepare ginger soup.

I did my best and made him my family's secret ginger soup.

I served it on a bowl and went to his room.

Kyle was awake.

I helped him sit comfortably. He seemed tired but confused.

"Kira?... What happened?"

"Shhh! Don't talk!"

"..." Kyle stayed quiet obediently like a little kid.

"You are sick... You should take better care of yourself."

"I'm fine!"

"No! You're not!"

I held his jaw and forcibly shoved a spoonful of the ginger soup on his mouth.

He was surprised when he tasted the liquid that had just slided down his esophagus.

His eyes lit up and he excitedly asked.

"Kira what is this? Did you steal it from the paradise?"

"That's just ginger soup... And I am not Eve!"

Kyle was looking ate expectantly.
"I want more~"

He said disappointed when he emptied the bowl.

How in the world does he store so much food in his perfect body? Is he a black hole?

After eating two bowls of ginger soup, Kyle fell asleep.

I stayed by his side to take care of him.

His fever was almost gone. An hour later, after making sure that he would be fine, I went to the living room to relax.

A ring from the doorbell got me trying to think who would come here this time.

I opened the door and saw a middle aged man with a few gray hairs, looking at me.

"Hello mr. How can I help you?"

The man cleared his throat and with a stern face, he told me.

"Hello, I am Fin. Mr. Kyle Moon's lawyer. I am here for the signing of a contract."