Chapter Twenty-six

Why does this keep happening to me?

I keep having embarrassing moments with him... And he is my boss!

How can I even sleep now!

Even if I close my eyes the image of Kyle when wet keeps appearing! It's like its now tattooed on my eyes!

I tried to count sheep, cats or whatever but didn't work.

I will go drink a cup of milk.

I went to the kitchen while it was all dark and noticed a tall figure standing beside the fridge. Is it a killer? A ghost? A ghost that wants to kill me?

I stepped stealthily to hide my presence. I went behind it and made a chokehold. He started struggling. That means he isn't a ghost. Now let's see if he's a killer.

"Why are you here? Who paid you?"

"Kira"

Kyle said trying to catch his breath

"B-B-Boss!"

It was Kyle thankfully. I sighed a breath of relief and broke the chokehold.

Kyle coughed and looked at me struggling.

"Kira! Why did you choke me... Do you want to kill me?"
He said in a complaining kind of way.

"Sorry boss I mistook you for a murderer in the dark."

"Why are you in the kitchen boss?"

"I wanted some water"

"Oh! Let me"

I filled a glass with water and added an ice cube to make it more refreshing.

"Here!"

I handed him the glass and as he took it our hands touched. We locked eyes immediately. He looks very handsome!

Well that's what you expect from a narcissist Kira...

At that moment, the image of earlier in the pool flashed to my mind. I averted my gaze and was about to run to my bedroom when I stumbled upon something.

I was about to fall when Kyle held me with his strong arm. One arm was all it took to hold a woman. And the glass of water on his other hand was unaffected! Not even a droplet could fall.

His strong arm pulled me up as if I was a feather.

"Kira are you okay?"

"Y-yeah!" I said while flustered.

I ran to my room out of embarrassment and tried to fall asleep. Guess what! I couldn't! How can I even sleep after that! Well thank you boss~

I kept twisting and turning but no sleep.

The sun rose in the sky and I went out of bed since I didn't sleep a wink. I went to the bathroom and looked at my face in the mirror.

Those dark eye circles are darker than my past and way darker than my future!

Now that I brought up my future...

I will marry Kyle...

Will that really be beneficial to me?

What if we fall in love?

What if he finds someone he loves?

Great!

Now I get to think about him more ...

That's terrible.

I don't know if he would even love someone like me... Our backgrounds are different. He grew up in the prestigious Moon family while I was an orphan.