11-Fury?

Ned was researching everything on his computer as we sat watching the news in the lobby. I sat with MJ on the stairs.
"Watch Flash fanboy over this dumb superhero extravaganza" I mocked to MJ. "It's painful to watch." She chuckled. "It's aliens. It has to be." Ned sighed.

"BuzzFeed says there's a sailor named Morris Bench, who was exposed to an experimental underwater generator and got hydro powers." Flash explained. I scoffed "Flash, this is getting kind of sad." "Yeah, you should definitely believe everything you read on the internet." MJ agreed.

"That's what I'm sayin'!" I exclaimed as she high-fived me."Spider-Man could take him." Flash whispered"Who is that guy? Zan, do you know him?" Betty asked me. "No, no I don't." I shook my head. "He's like iron man and Thor rolled into one." Brad whispered, I looked to the ground.

Flash scoffed "He's all right. He's no Spider-Man." "Flash, you know if you are absolutely, completely, unbelievably in love with Spidey-Boy. I can hook ya up. I'm sure he'd be interested." I chuckled. "Shut up." He glared. "No, seriously, dude. What it is it with you and Spider-Man?" MJ asked.
"He's just awesome, okay? He protects the neighbourhood, and, you know, he's inspiring. He inspires me to be a better man." Flash exclaimed.

I sighed "he does? Why don't you use that inspiration to stop using your energy on being a dick then Thompson?"
he glared in response. "Sup dickwad. Thought you drowned." Flash winked at Peter. "You're proving my point." I chuckled.

"Sounds like his name's Mysterio." Brad explained. "L'umo del musterio is Italian for 'man of mystery.' They don't actually know who he is." I told him. "Mysterio." Ned widened his eyes . "Cool name." Betty and Ned said in unison. "Here we go." I whispered to MJ. "Babe." Ned and Betty said again in unison. "Oh god." MJ and I said in unison. "Babe!" Me and MJ mocked.

-later that night-in our rooms
I shared a room with MJ, it was weird. I wanted to be normal with her, she hadn't done anything wrong. She had a crush on a guy, a single guy. I just happened to be in love with that guy, she knew that but, anyway, not the point. The point is, I don't want any confrontations, from this point on the trip will remain peaceful. I got a text from Parker saying "come see Ned and I"I replied to him by saying "right now?" I quickly got a reply "come on,baby, please."

I looked at MJ "hey, MJ. I gotta go...see...uh-something...I'll be back later." "Peter?" She asked. "Hmm?" I responded.
"You're going to see Peter." She told me. "I am actually. Is that a problem?" I asked. "Nope." She shook her head.
I rolled my eyes and left, closing the door behind me.

I saw Peter and Ned in the hallway. Peter smirked "so you decided to come see us then?""Hmmm" I hummed. "So what's the deal guys? What are you gonna do about the water monster?" Ned asked. "Nothing, the thing's dead." I shrugged. "Exactly. Besides, that Mysterio guy's all over it." Peter agreed. "I wanna spend time with my friends, without stress, I want a break." I sighed. "Plus, I think I'm growing on Rosanna." Peter smirked winking at me, I gave him a sarcastic smirk. "That's nice." Ned smiled , as we started walking into their room.

"It reminds me of when Betty and I first fell in love. I had just finished my fruit cobbler, right-" Ned started saying but he got cut off, I was stood behind him as I saw a dart get shot into his neck, he collapsed and passed out on the couch. "Oh my god, Leeds" I wheezed out a laugh. Parker turned around from the sink and looked towards a chair behind him.

"You're a very difficult person to contact Spider-Man." A voice said. I recognised the voice. "It can't be." I whispered to myself. I looked towards the direction Peter was staring at, I was shocked. It was him. It was Fury. "You're Nick fury." Peter pointed.

"Fury?" I whispered. "Rosa. I'm sorry I haven't called ya in a while, I've been occupied." He apologised. "Too occupied to call the kid you've been help raise since she was 5?" I scoffed. "By the looks of it." He shrugged. "You just shot Leeds, Fury." I glared. "It's a mild tranquilliser. He'll be all right. Anyway, Parker. It's so good to finally meet you." Fury told me.

I sighed, knowing what was coming. "Rosa, sit down somewhere, you're setting me on edge with all your stress standing." He scolded. "Stress standing?" I asked. "Come, sit." He said as he tapped the arm of his chair. "I'm not 5 anymore, Fury. I can't sit on an arm of a chair like that." I glared. He sighed "go sit on the bed then, don't get on my nerves today, girl. I got your numbers." He warned me.

"And I got yours Fury," I spat as Peter held me back. Fury scoffed "pfftt. May not be five but you still be acting like you're 2." "Pfffftttt. I wish that cat killed you." I mocked.
"You wanna go there?" He asked. "No, no, no. Everybody just sit down. Zan, come on. Calm yourself." Peter scolded.

"You're very lucky that spidey-boy's here right now, you know I'd beat your ass, Mr. Nick." I scoffed. "What did you just call me?!" He asked. "YOU HEARD WHAT I SAID." I raised my voice. He started to laugh "it's good to see you Rosa." "It's good to see you too, Popeye." I smiled as he gave me a smile.

I sat down on Peter's bed. "Mr. Parker. I saw you at the funeral, but I didn't think it was a good time to exchange numbers." Fury explained. "No, that would've been really inappropriate." Parker nodded. "He just said that, Parker." I told him. "Right." Peter replied. "The important thing is, both of you are here. Both very powerful. I tried to bring you here. Parker avoided me and now you're here. What a coincidence." Fury responded.

"Wait. Was this a coincidence?" Parker asked. "No. It wasn't a coincidence, Parker. This is what he does." I explained.
"You see, I used to know everything. Then I come back five years later, and now I know nothing." Fury told him. "That's not your fault." I sighed. "But, you know who did know everything? Her father. And...he's gone now." Fury said as I looked to the ground.

"I got no intel, no team. And a high school kid is dodging my calls." Fury scoffed. "Fury, you say that to him. But you haven't called me in 3 weeks." I glared. "You wanna piss me off, today, kid?" He raised an eyebrow. "Nope." I whispered. "Here's what I do know: a week ago, a village in Mexico was wiped out by a cyclone. Witnesses say that cyclone had a face. Three days later, a similar event in Morocco. A village was—-" Fury started but got interrupted by Mr Harrington knocking on the door.

"Just making the rounds. See if anyone needs any counselling after today's traumatic events. Oh hey Zanna." Harrington interrupted. "Hi." I smiled, a fake smile.
"We'll be okay. We're fine. Thank you." Peter nodded.
"Great because I'm— I'm not actually qualified to actually—-  oh, he's passed out. I'm not really qualified to do it anyway, so good night." Mr Harrington whispered.

"That was just the teacher. Sorry about that." Peter apologised. "Fury, back to what you were saying." I looked back at nick. Fury started saying "A village was destroyed by what may well be another world threatening—" but got interrupted again by someone knocking. "Oh, god. This is hell." I whispered.

"Babe, are you still awake? You're not answering any of my texts." Betty whispered. "um, he's asleep, Betty." Peter yelled. "Oh, already?" Betty asked. "Mm-hmm. Yeah." Peter repeated. "Okay."  Betty whispered. Fury started talking again "That's why— it's imperative—-" he got interrupted by knocking AGAIN."Hey, boys. So that canal water today was filled with dangerous bacteria..." Mr Dell started rambling.

"Another person touches that door and I assure you, we shall be attending another funeral." Fury glared. "This is painful. It's actually painful." I groaned. "Suit up. Both o' ya." He told us. It was good to see him, a guy I'd always seen as a second father turning up, I needed it right now.