Chapter 5

POV Danielle
Stefania opens the door for me so I can get into her house.
Immediately a pretty small dog with mostly white fur jumps at me. "Hi, you!" I pet that cute dog in front of me.

"I am sorry, she always gets excited when we have visitors"
"Oh no, she is adorable. I already love her"
"You better do"
"What, if I would have said I didn't love her you would have kicked me out?"
"Probably," she says with no hesitation.
"Oh, do you want to break my heart?"
"I'd never. Let us just be happy about the fact that you like her"
"Yeah, good idea"

"Do you want to watch TV for a bit? It's only 12 p.m. and we don't have to work tomorrow, so-"
"For sure. What should we watch?" I head to the sofa while saying this. As soon as I sit down, I open my arms so Stefania knows she should come to me.
"Hang on for a second, Bella. I'll get us a bottle of wine"

"I'll become an alcoholic because of you," I say as soon as she comes towards me.
"Oh I am going down that path with you then"
"Have you decided what to watch yet?" I ask her.
"Well, I got a movie suggestion from my best friend a little while ago. The film is called 'The Perfection' and apparently it is a psycho-horror movie-"
"Don't you dislike horror movies?"
"Well, normally, yeah. But you're here with me so if anybody is coming to kill me tonight, whether in real life or in my dreams, you could protect me."
"Sounds like fun to me. I won't leave you alone for a second, just in case. I promise"

She hands me a glass of red wine and sits down next to me. Her sofa is much larger than mine so we are not that close right now but our legs are tangled.
My heart always stops for a second when she touches me.

Sure enough, a few minutes later, Jeff jumps onto the couch. She lays down on my lap. I look into Stefania's eyes.
"Alright, she already loves you more than me"
"I find that very hard to believe. If I were her, I wouldn't leave you a second of my lifetime.          Also, animals don't like me that much"
"Well, she does. You must be something special because Jeff actually is not so outgoing when she meets new people."
"Ok, then it is the fate that Jeff and I found each other. I am not gonna leave her."
"Wow, hold on. She is still my dog"
"Yeah, I know. You are the pretty side benefit that comes with her."
"As long as you don't forget about me," she is saying in a monotone way while turning her head to the television.
"Oh, sweet baby. Are you jealous?" I have drunk quite a bit today so I am allowed to say things like this. I am still in my right mind that I can control what I say, but she doesn't know that. So, it is okay. I don't know why I keep trying to explain this to myself, to be honest.

"Kind of" she responses with no hesitation again. Ok, I didn't expect that kind of an answer but I am fine with it. Very.
"Come here," I say as I open my arms. Jeff gets up in shock when I do this and she jumps off the sofa. "I am so sorry, Jeff. I didn't mean to-"
"Doesn't matter. Now you can give me all your attention" Stefania says demanding.
"Oh, that's a whole new side of you"

She just chuckles at my comment.
Stefania tries to find a comfortable position: She is laying on the sofa with her head on my lap. The woman struggles to pull the blanket over her body.
"Gimme that" I simply say as I put the blanket over her amazing- over her body.
"Thank you, Bambina"

We continue watching the movie and I have to admit it is quite a daring choice. It is about two women who meet at a convention and after sleeping together they are going on 'holiday' but something crazy happens. Literally crazy.
(I don't want to give away any spoilers in case you want to watch the movie. TW: abuse)

"Stefania?" I say after the movie.
"Sì?"
"Oh, I thought you were asleep already"
"Me? Never. Ma non mi dispiacerebbe addormentarmi tra le tue braccia ancora una volta." (But I would not mind falling asleep in your arms once more.)
"W-What?" I love when she sprinkles her Italian here and there.
"Doesn't matter"
"It is getting late. You should go to get some sleep" I feel like a caring mother while saying this.
"Okay, you are probably right"
"Probably?" I ask her while she stands up.