Chapter 22

POV Danielle
"Oh, weren't we already?" Stefania asks as she lets out a quiet laugh. I bring my eyebrows further together which causes a confused expression on my face.

"Excuse me, what?" I eventually ask her.
"Ah, right" Stefania tilts her head when she continues to speak "In America, you have the conversation"
"I-" I don't get out any halfway senseful sentence nor word.
"Danielle, it's okay. Of course, I will be your girlfriend"
My eyes widen at the spot. "Really?"

"Of course, Bambina," she says right before giving me a kiss.
"Are you for real now?"
"Why do you always have to question everything a thousand times?"
"I am sorry"

The brunette gives me a death glare and I almost immidiately get what she's referring to. "I just don't know how I get to be the luckiest woman on earth
"Come on Danielle"
"What?"

She looks at me with squinted eyes. Stefania really tries something but is not succeeding at all. She just can't be tough.

Her eyes soften just seconds after though. "So, you did all of this-" she says as wildly motioning around with her hands in the air. "-to ask me if I want to be together with you?"

"Yeah"
"Gosh, I wonder what you'll do when you're proposing. Probably buying a whole flower trade"
"Wow, wow, wow, you're moving on fast"
"You don't want to marry?"
"Well, not yet obviously. But I actually never really imagined myself getting married in like a white dress and so on"
"You can wear a suit"
"Are you really just casually planning our wedding?"
"Okay, yeah, we should probably wait with that a little longer"
"A little, yeah. But definitely marriage before children." I can see Stefania's eyes twitch as I mentioned the children thing.

"No children?" I eventually ask as she doesn't respond.
"No, no, I want children. It's just- Doesn't matter now"
I nod my head. Clearly, something is off but I need to give her the time to open up to me by herself. Rushing doesn't lead to anything

"Wanna watch a movie?" she eventually suggests.
"I'd love to"
"Okay, Bella. Go into your living room and search for one. I'll get some wine from the kitchen, okay?"
"Can I have a beer instead?"
"Ma certo tesora" (of course darling)

POV Stefania
I go into the kitchen with a slight smile on my fave. Danielle mentioning children has brought up a bit but it's okay. I am here now and I just want to enjoy the time with my girlfriend without being caught up by the past. It's official, my girlfriend.

I grab a beer for Danielle out of the refrigerator and pour some red wine into a wineglass for myself.

I make my way into the living room to see Danielle using the whole place of the sofa for her to be comfortable. It's not even a question that she looks like the cutest human being alive.
"What are you doing?" I ask, seeing her typing something into her phone.
"Just texting Barrett and Jaina about the most beautiful woman who happens to be my girlfriend."
"Oh, Bella. Sei il più carino" (You are the cutest)
"Uhm- yeah, whatever you said, I agree," she says while smiling up at me.
"Hai già scelto un film?" I ask her.
"Okay, you know, I love when you speak Italian, Stefania. But I don't understand a single word of this"

I casually hand Danielle her beer which she thankfully keeps hold of. I sit down on the sofa next to her, immidiately moving slightly closer to her until I decide to swing my legs over her lap.

"I just asked if you have decided on a movie yet" I eventually ask after getting a bit more comfortable.
"Oh, of course. How about Carol?"
"I love that. I watched it like 15 times, for sure"
"Really? I only watched it like two times"
"You're bad, Miss Savre," I say playfully, mispronouncing her name on purpose.
"I get weak every time you say it like that"
"I know bebé"