Chapter 16

POV Stefania
Danielle was just too adorable in the morning.
I stood up earlier than her due to the fact I had to shower and make myself ready for work. I prepared some breakfast and woke her up so she could eat with me. She's the cutest sleepy head imaginable.
It was unbelievable hard to leave her because I also knew that I wouldn't see her again today. Thanks to those shitty work hours. I mean, I love my work but I would have obviously preferred to be with her.

She should be at her sister's house by now. I'll text her as soon as I'm off from work. I just hope she has time to answer the texts.

POV Danielle
"Hi, D! Nice to see you," Stephanie says. She pulls me into a hug on the doorstep.
"Nice to see you too, Stephanie"
"You can go into the living room. Janice, Ed, and Matt are here already."
"Alright, thanks."

I make my way in there to spot my old friends who are sitting on the sofa. They stand up as soon as they see me coming in and I hug all of them. We sit down and talk about this and that, Stephanie joins us just minutes after. She hands me a glass of red wine and I happily take it from her.

"Amanda and I were on holiday 2 weeks ago. It was really beautiful" Ed says after a while.
"Couldn't she make it today?" Stephanie asks after she has shown us some pictures of him and his girlfriend when they were on vacation. I haven't personally met her yet but I've known Ed since 5th grade or so and it really means something when he talks about a certain woman. He seems happy and more relaxed than usual which makes me happy very for him.
"No, unfortunately not. She's visiting her parents in Colorado"
"Why didn't you go with her?" I ask eventually.
"She'll be there almost a week and my work doesn't allow me to take more days off"
"Oh, that sucks"
"Well, yeah but I've already met them so it's okay"

"And what about you, Danielle?" Janice asks afterward.
"What about me?" I ask back, clearly not knowing what she's referring to.
"Do you have any new boyfriend I need to know about?" I can feel Stephanie's gaze on me now and I definitely feel my face heating up. I planned on telling Stephanie about Stefania, for sure, but I don't want to tell it everyone now.
"Uh- no"
"Why the hesitation, D?" Matt asks me. I know, they're just teasing me as friends. That's what friends do but it's making me really uncomfortable now.
As if it was fate, I get a notification from Stefania. I dare to get a hint of it by looking down at my phone.

Stefania: Hi, Bambina. I just finished filming and head to my trailer now. Hope you have fun with
                   your sister. I miss you and tell her hi from me!

I smile down on my phone though I don't even recognize that I am smiling.
"So, is that him?" Matt asks expectantly.
I immediately look up and my face starts to become even redder as it already is. "I- no"
Stephanie gives Matt a sharp look which makes his smile fade away. "Just, let her, okay?"
"Okay, okay. I am sorry, Dani"
"It's okay"

A few minutes later, they go out on the balcony to smoke which leaves Stephanie and me alone in the living room due to the fact neither of us smokes.

"So" she eventually says "Was that her?"
There's only one person who she possibly means so I nod my head yes while forming a smile on my face. "I should also tell you hi from her"
"Say hi back"
"Can I just text her?"
"Go ahead"

I quickly unlock my phone and type in my response.

Danielle: hi from her as well
                   i miss you too
                   text me when you're home safe

I look back up at her and put my phone on the nearby table.
"You were right by the way" I eventually say, leaning back against the sofa.
"With what?"
"About my feelings toward her"
"Yes?"
I slowly nod and immediately have to smile again.
"So does she have any idea about what's going on there with you?"
"Uhm, yeah actually"
She looks at me with wide eyes now. "So that means?"
"I told her two nights ago"
"Oh, that must have been hard for you"
"Yes, it was. But it ended well"
"So she likes you too?" she asks in a very exciting way.
"Apparently, yes" I couldn't smile brighter right now. Stephanie pulls me into a tight hug and doesn't let go of me right away.
"So- you two are together now?" she asks after backing off.
"I don't think you can call it that. But it surely is more than just friendship now"
"Well, I call that the beginning of something amazing. I am so happy for you"
"Thank you"
"Why didn't she come with you?"
"I asked but she had to work until like 20 minutes ago."
"Okay. Bring her the next time"
"I can't ensure anything but I'll try"
"Good"