Chapter 28

POV Stefania
While pouring my second coffee into my mug, I hear Danielle yelling my name from the bedroom.
Due to this occasion, I quickly pour her some coffee into another mug and make my way into her bedroom.

"What time is it?" she asks me as I enter the room with our two mugs. I give it to her and place a soft kiss onto her lips.

"It's half past 7. I actually wanted to wake you up soon anyway. We're going in an hour, okay?"
"Yeah. I'm still tired though"
"I know, Bambina. You can sleep a bit in the car later, okay?"

She nods after taking the first sip of her coffee. "Why are you awake already?" she asks afterward.

"I woke up pretty soon and then I packed some of your clothes and stuff for the coming days. Do you by chance know where you left your Nike jogger?"

Her face becomes more of a red shade and without knowing, the first tears are slowly making their way down her cheek.

"Oh Bella, why are you crying?" I ask her, wiping away her tears. Though, a slight smile of hers is remarkable.

"You're just too kind" she says half crying, half laughing. "I'm sorry."

"Dont apologize, Danielle" I respond, eyebrows raised. She just nods her head as she wipes away some leftover tears.

"But seriously, do you know where your jogger is?"

"It should be in the laundry basket in the living room."

"Uh, no wonder I didn't find it. Before we go though I have to stop at my house and get some clothes for myself, okay?"

"Of course. And we have to get Jeff"

"No, no, I brought her to a friend yesterday, she's been taking care of"

"But I'm sure we could take her with us"

"No, I don't want her to be there on a funeral, she'll just make trouble."

"If you're sure, okay."

"And one last thing, should I make you something to breakfast now or should we get something on the ride?"

"On the ride will be fine. I don't want you to be all stressed now."

"Okay, Bambina, then get up and I'll drive home real quick, yeah?"

"Mhm, thank you, love."

"No need to thank me."

Sitting in the car with our little luggage in the trunk, I assure myself that we have everything before starting the engine.
Danielle is sitting in the passenger seat, patiently waiting for my next move.

As we're around 10 minutes on the road, I flinch over to her, capturing that her eyes are heavily fixated on the street in front of us.
"You can sleep if you'd like to" I reassure the blond.

She takes my free hand, positions it onto her lap and then places her own on top, stroking over the back of mine with her thumb.
Danielle then tilts her head to the side of her window and slowly but safely rests her head onto it.

"I'll wake you up when I find something to eat" I inform her before she got the chance to fully pass out.
"Okay, thanks"

She falls asleep just a few moments later, still holding my hand.

After about halfway there, I change and therefore leave the road to get to the nearby McDonald's.
Before driving into the drive-thru to order some things that are good to eat as breakfast, such as donuts, I wake up Danielle.