Chapter 23

POV Danielle
I wake up before Stefania, at 6 in the morning.
Her head is closely pressed against my chest and her arms are wrapped around my body. She's still tight asleep.

After staying a bit, cuddled up with her, I decide to release myself out of her grip and make my way downstairs to prepare some breakfast.
We both have to film today but on the separated sets, she is on Grey's and I am on Station. I don't want to leave her alone though, that doesn't fit right with me.

I take care of Jeff and as I prepare the breakfast, I hear footsteps approaching.

"Good morning" I say as Stefania comes closer to me and enters the kitchen.
The brunette puts her arms around my waist and places a soft kiss on my neck before pulling away again and leaning against the counter.

"How did you sleep? How are you feeling?" I eventually manage out.
"Good" she says mono tone. Nothing is good, I know that.

It's half past 6 when I place a plate full of pancakes in front of my still sleepy girlfriend. I load some on a separate plate for me and take a seat on the stool next to her.
In the beginning, Stefania doesn't really eat anything but just pokes at the food with her fork.

"Stefania, please, eat something." I say after watching this whole scenario for a few minutes.
"Sorry, I'm not really hungry"

Stefania loves food. And she almost always has an appetite. I would appreciate to know what causes her to be like this now.

"Don't apologize. But eat at least 2, Bella. Please. Today is going to be a tough day for you."

Stefania doesn't change anything about her motions.

"Or do you want to stay at home today?"

Right after I say this, she shovels the first piece into her mouth. "No" she says in an strong Italian accent after swallowing the food.
I nod, though not very convinced.

"I'll go on a quick run with Jeff, okay? Shouldn't be long." I inform my girlfriend after putting both of our plates in the sink.
She just nods, avoiding eye contact like all morning.

"Do you need anything before I leave?" I ask as I enter the room again with Jeff's leash in my right hand.
"No, thanks"

As I come back from the run, it's 7.10 and I decide to take a quick shower before heading to work.
I spot Stefania in kind of a laying position on the bed, fully clothed and already ready to go. She just lays there, looking in the air.

"I'll take a shower now" I tell my girlfriend which causes her to look at me.
Stefania nods her head with a slight smile forming on her face. "Give me a kiss first." She demands and I gladly follow her instructions.

POV Stefania
"I can drop you at the Grey's set, if you want to" Danielle suggests as I was just about to grab my keys. "Then we don't have to drive with two cars" she adds and I willingly take her offer.

She is the best and she's trying everything for me to feel better. Even though that I don't tell her what's up with me. I love her for that. And for everything else. Danielle accepts my boundaries and doesn't push me to anything that I don't want. We have only been 'officially' dating for one month but it feels like so much more to me.

"Do you have your phone?" she asks and pulls me out of my thoughts my that. I slowly nod my head yes, though that's not true.

"Good, call me whenever you need to. I'll keep my phone with me all the time and I'll be there whenever you need me, okay?" Danielle says while opening the car door for me.
I get a simple "Yeah" out.