iii.

"Everyone, get in your assigned pairs that I gave you at the beginning of class," Aizawa began, "We are gonna discuss quirk foundations before the upcoming practical final."

The class groaned. Quirk foundations were something that we had to study quite often, as it's probably the most important part about being a hero. Understanding everything about your quirk and where it came from would help you control and use it to its full capacity.

When you walked in, he had given you numbers to pair up in, and after chatting amongst the class, you found out that your partner today was number 5, Kirishima.

You decided you would go over to him this time, moving to sit backwards in the desk in front of him. In this position, you were sharing his desk. He didn't speak when you first sat, which was unusual for Kirishima. You studied his face intently as he suddenly was snapped out of his thoughts to look up at you surprised.

"Hi." You said, smiling at him.

He was one of your best friends and you knew you could always have a good time with him no matter what. Having him as a partner today was relieving, you could definitely get a few laughs in and not be drilled to work so hard like you would have to with Iida.

"Hello." He replied, moving one of his giant books off of his desk to make more room for the two of you to work, "I was just thinking about how I really don't enjoy quirk foundations because, well, mine isn't very complex. It's pretty simple and fucking boring actually."

In a sense, you could completely understand why he would be frustrated by this. However, your quirk was actually seemingly very complex, and you didn't understand it to its full ability just yet.

"I get that Kiri," You started, glancing down at his paper in front of him, "but hey, if you understand it fully already, then you're many steps over the rest of us."

He smiled wide at you as Iida handed two papers for today's lesson to him.

"Alright, everyone, so let's discuss these worksheets before we get started," Aizawa started, scanning the classroom before continuing, "Worksheets today will be discussing more about how genetics are involved in quirks. We already are well aware that quirks are genetic, and can be mutated in thousands of ways. One example being into a split situation, Todoroki being the perfect example of this."

Kirishima rolled his eyes before whispering, "Wow, shocker, isn't Todoroki the perfect example for everything."

You snickered as you looked over at Todoroki, who seemed completely uninterested in this topic. It was something he was used to though, always being seen as having the perfect quirk mutation, which he was well aware that he had.

"And then, there are situations where you inherit a quirk from one parent, but the other parent's quirk can improve it to make it stronger or weaker, but not necessarily inheriting it completely. A good example of this would be y/n." He turned to face you as he said this, "And you know why this is, don't you?"

You nodded before replying, "Of course. My father has the water quirk, which I inherited, but my mother was telekinetic, but for any object, which I also inherited, but not as strong."

Explaining your quirk was always quite difficult, as the inheritance aspect, along with the way it worked, was complex.

You continued, "So this means, my father can only disperse water out of his hands powerfully, directing it toward his opponent. My mother could control the movement of objects with her mind. I inherited the strong water disbursement quirk, and also my mother's telekinesis, but I can only control water with my mind, and no other objects."