2

It's always raining when I'm with you

______________________________________________________________________________

I want to see him again.

I stared down at the wet sidewalk, sitting down on a slick bench waiting for the bus to arrive. I held my hand, the same hand he touched. I could still feel my heart racing, my anxiety rising, my stomach in knots. He made me feel alive. I wanted to feel like that again. I pondered. Suddenly, the bus arrived. I got on, taking a seat, still convulsing on what had just happened. A few minutes pass by and I arrive home. I got off, walking in my apartment, shutting the door behind me. I took off my now drenched jacket and rain boots. I wandered up the creaking stairs, and into my bedroom. I plopped down onto my bed, putting in my headphones and turning on some music. I hated when the house was dead silent. I closed my eyes, and just rested my body. Trying to relax and comprehend what had happened a half hour ago.

______________________________________________________________________________

I suddenly opened my eyes and checked my alarm clock. "1:24.." I said aloud. I should probably get some lunch. I walked downstairs, my mind already set on having that last packet of Ramen noodles. I wandered into the kitchen and opened the cupboard to find no Ramen, and a note with some money attached. "Sorry honey, I was running late for work and I didn't have time to pack anything, so I took some noodles as a quick lunch. I'm sorry :( There's some money there so you could go out and get more. I love you! Xoxo Mom :)

I sighed and took the money and the note, heading upstairs to get my raincoat. It wasn't pouring outside like before, it was only sprinkling. Although that could change. I grabbed my umbrella just in case and went out once again, headed towards the supermarket. I was admiring the dark grey-blue sky and the fresh April air. A lot of people hate the rain, but to me, It was peaceful. Better than the sun to be honest. After a few minutes of walking, I came to a stop. There he was. Again. This time, I saw him walk into the store with another guy. I huffed. I really wanted those noodles. I thought about it for a second, the fluorescent lights of the store shining onto the sidewalk.

Ah, fuck it.

I headed in, keeping my hood up to help not draw any attention to myself in case I encountered him again. But isn't this what I wanted? To feel what he made me feel when I was with him? That feeling that made my blood rush? I asked myself. I argued in my head as I went to pick up a basket. I went down aisle after aisle, after I finally found the Ramen noodles. I picked up a few chicken, shrimp, and beef noodle cups after I walked out of the aisle. I just then remembered that I didn't get the chocolate like I had been wanting at the gas station. I strolled my way down to the candy aisle, only to find their whole stock of chocolate bars to be gone. What the hell? I thought, picking up an empty box to see if there was at least one left. I sighed and grabbed a bag of m&ms. Hopefully this will fill my chocolate craving. I walked out of the candy lane to come face to face with none other than the blonde boy I saw before, his whole cart was filled with Chocolate. My anxiety kicked in, so I quickly turned away from him, going in the opposite direction. I suddenly felt a hand grab my shoulder with a powerful grip, making me turn around so I would be facing him. "Now what the hell are you doing stalking me?" He asked in an powerful tone. I was shocked and startled like a deer in headlights. I tried to speak, but no sound came out. Then out of the blue, another guy came up to him. He wore a striped long sleeve shirt with goggles and had ginger hair.

"Hey Mello, we need to go. Also, who's this?" He asked, peeking around Mello to get a glance at my face. "No one, Matt." He barked back, giving me a dangerous gaze. He let go of my arm, and turned away from me with his friend. So his name is Mello, huh?

I still stand there, still bewildered on what had just happened. I need to get a hold of myself. I walk out to the check out, and pay for my items. I head out opening my umbrella. It was pretty windy out this time, so I tried to hold onto my umbrella as tight as I could. All of a sudden, the unthinkable happened. My umbrella got away from my grasp, and blew away towards the park. "Nonononono.." I said to myself, now jogging in order to catch up with it. And of course, when things couldn't have gotten any better, It went into the steam by the park. There's no way I'm swimming to get that. "God damn it!" I shouted, already fed up with today. I sighed and headed towards the bus stop, because there's no way in hell I'm walking 10 blocks to my house in the gusty pouring rain. I sit down on the cold bench, gripping my grocery bag. "This is just fucking great.." I whispered, staring down at a puddle, slowly getting bigger with each droplet of rain water.

There was a sudden beep of a horn that startled me, running my train of thought. It was Matt, the other guy at the grocery store. "Need a ride?" He asked with a smile. "What the hell are you doing?" Mello shouted at him. "What? I'm just giving them a ride. Hop in!"

How much you wanna bet this is going to be a kidnapping? Like this day could get any better with my luck. I looked up at him, rising from the bench and opening the car door letting myself in. I took off my hood, and Mello simply rolled his eyes. "Hi! I'm Matt by the way. This grouch is my best friend Mello." He said cheerfully. "Hey!" Mello barked back, obviously pissed.

"Sooo where do you live?" Matt said, pulling out of the curb. "2538 main st." I said looking up in the rear view mirror. "Alrighty."

Man, this guy sure is cheerful for picking up a complete stranger. "So you're just going to give my stalker a ride just like that?" Mello sated, crossing his arms. "I'm not a stalker. I just see you often since I live in this area." I said back, now looking up at him. 

"So I run into you 3 times in a row in the span of 2 days?" It did sound a bit weird now that he put it like that. "I guess.." I said, lost for words, now paying attention to the scenery outside. We finally arrived. "This the place?" Matt asked, parking on the side of the road. "Yeah..Thanks again by the way. I appreciate it." I said back, getting out and shutting the car door. I was about to walk inside when Matt shouted at me. "Hey! Wait! Here's our number and address, in case you wanna hang out, or are interested in joining the mafia." The mother fucking what now-

I took the piece of paper and faked a smile. "Thanks." I flooded the piece of paper and put it in my raincoat pocket. "What the hell Matt?? You can't just invite someone into the Mafia just like that!" Mello shouted. "Oh yes I can, we do it all the time. Bye bye now!" He smiled, waved, and then drove off. I turned around and walked into my much warmer apartment. I took off my jacket and threw it onto my desk chair. I was about to walk out of my room when I remembered the paper Matt had given me. I walked over to my rain coat and took out the slip of paper with an address and phone number.

So the mafia, huh? This should be interesting.."

______________________________________________________________________________

[Nothing else to say except that now you might or might not join the mafia in the next chapter just to get close to Mello. Only time will tell, but I'm not going to say anything else though :)) ]