4

It's always raining when I’m with you
_

_____________________________________________________________________________
As you step onto your wooden room floor you feel a sense of promise. You had just woken up at 1:30 pm, enough time to get ready, and review your notes so you could be ready for when you meet up with Mello. Chances are, he’s not going to go easy on you, so you had to be alert for any question he had to give. You had gotten out of bed and gotten dressed into something not too casual, but not fancy ether. You had on some black platform boots, a grey loose button down shirt  with some black slacks/skirt, paired with a shiny leather belt. You did the rest of your daily routine and went downstairs to eat something. You had gotten out a yogurt cup and spoon, then went to the table to review your notes you had previously written at two in the morning up until the crack of dawn. You opened the yogurt, taking a spoonful into your mouth as you vigorously read over your notes about the mafia. Starting with the rules of course.
Rule one, Always be present, no matter the situation. Even if you're at a relatives funeral, or if your wife is giving birth. 
Rule two, Never be seen with cops. 
Rule three, Be on time. No matter the situation.
Rule four, respect your boss and do what he/she/they tell you to at any given cost.
As you gaze onto the next rule, you feel your heart drop. 

        Rule five, Be ready to die. If your boss tells you to do something that will cost you your life, you must listen no matter what. 

Were you really going to do this? This is crazy, risking your life for some guy who probably hates you has a few screws loose, but then again, you probably do too considering what you've been preparing for. You’ve been giving up your life to him all this time, chipping away at every part and yet you haven’t even officially worked for him yet. You sigh and close your notes, throwing away the now empty yogurt container and putting your spoon in the sink. “It’s not too late to turn back now.” You said aloud with tears slowly forming in your eyes, gripping onto the sink rail. You closed your eyes, taking a slow, shaky breath, opening your eyes and staring back at your notebook. But it was. It was too late. You had bought the apartment, and you had packed up your life for him. You had planned on leaving your home with your loving mother, and quit college, all just for him. “Mello..” You said his name aloud, it felt nice coming from your mouth, the way his name rolled off your tongue with anticipation. “I’m going to risk it all for you.” 
______________________________________________________________________________
The time was now 2:50 pm, 10 minutes before you meet the man himself. You had gotten a small moving truck to move all your things into your new apartment. After you had gotten all the boxes into your new life, you walked out of your apartment and towards the warehouse. It was a cool cloudy day, a slight breeze sent a chill down your spine as you picked up the pace. The last thing you want is to be late. You walked up to the location and got out your phone, calling Matt and telling him you had arrived. The time was now 2:55 pm. The buzzer rang for what felt like an eternity when he finally picked up the phone. “Y’ello, this is Matt, state your business.” He said, same sentence he greeted you with last time you guys talked on the phone. “Hey, it’s _____, I’m outside right now.” 
 “Oh yeah, I’ll meet you outside with Mello. Se ya in a minute.” Then he hung up. You closed your phone and waited, gripping your bag and counting the seconds till the door opened. You walked inside, and met them both. Hey looked the same as when you first met them, except Mello didn’t have his black coat on. “Hello, and welcome.” Matt stated, shaking your hand, and you smiled. “Yeah, thanks for meeting with me.” “Oh it was no problem.” Matt stated. Mello rolled his eyes and broke up the conversation. “Alright, enough chit chat, let’s get to business. What is your name?” 
“____. ____ ______.” You said, giving him your first and last name, looking him in the eyes. He stared back at you, not coldly like before though. He smirked and spoke. “Well, ______.." The emphasis when he said your name aloud made your heart clench in a way you couldn’t describe, making it pound faster in a matter of seconds. “There are a few rules of the mafia.” He crossed his arms in the process of speaking, looking you up and down. “Yes, I’m aware.” You replied, clutching your dsrk brown leather bag. “Oh? You know of them?” He raised his brow at you. “Yes, I do.” “Then say them so I don’t have to waste my breath.”
You took a deep breath, relying on your memory and said all the rules. “Wow, I’m impressed, you actually prepared.” You couldn’t tell if that was a complement or not, but you might as well take it as one. “But you forgot one rule.” He said, walking towards you, towering over you by half a foot. “What's that?” He lightly lifted your chin with his cold, leather gloved hand to meet his piercing blue eyes. Your legs automatically felt like jello. 

  “Call me boss.” 
______________________________________________________________________________