Chapter 16

I was putting on my work shirt as I turned towards my mirror. As my head popped through the top of the shirt, I looked at myself in the mirror and instantly saw the bruises. They weren't too obvious but there was a hint of purple and they were mostly a greenish, yellowish color. I went to grab some concealer but when I checked the time I realized if I applied some I wouldn't make it to work on time. I huffed before running to my bed and grabbing my phone off of it then running out of my room to the front door. I then throw on my black work sneakers and take off, doing a light jog, to my work.

I walked through the doors of LaRusso Auto Group and see Robby already making his way to me. "Hey, Robby." I smiled at him and he did the same but slowly I saw his smile fade. "Hey, Av... What happened here?" He asked my going to touch the bruise on my face. "Oh, nothing special. I just fell, you know me. I'm clumsy as hell." I lied, forcing out a small chuckle but he still seemed uncertain. "Okay, Av. Well we should get to work." He said while his smile reappeared on his face. We walked over to the bins and break room double checking those before starting the real work.

Eventually as we completed each task, Mr. LaRusso would come and correct our movements. Robby and I were working on waxing the cars when he spoke up. "Aviva, what are you doing?" he asked while laughing. "Um, cle-cleaning?" I stuttered not understanding why he was laughing at me, thinking I was doing something embarrassing. " Well you aren't doing it right." He said with a big smile as he walked over to me and showed me the correct way to do it. "What was I doing?" I said confused as to what the difference was. He showed me the opposite motion causing me to let out a soft 'oops' before continuing to work on the cars.

"All right I think that was the last one." I said to Robby, who was still chuckling over how I kept messing up. "Would you shut it already?" I asked him, trying not to smile. "Oh come on, Aviva. You know it's funny. Anyways let's go tell Mr. LaRusso we finished." He responded as he continued to laugh a little while a smile finally broke through on my face. He grabbed the rags and starting walking to Mr. LaRusso as he turned and threw one at me before continuing his walk.

"Hey, Mr. LaRusso, we are all done." Robby announces as I double check what I can see. "Uh... Yeah we finished." I said once I checked over where we had just been working. "Really?" He asks us as he points behind him. "Both lots?' He questions seemingly amused, causing me to frown. Robby apparently noticing the frown that fell upon my face. "This is bullshit." Robby states, aggravated with Mr. LaRusso. "I thought you were gonna teach us karate.." I said falling off at the end of my sentence, very disappointed. "Yeah and now we're just doing all your shitty chores." Robby starts raising his voice as I just play with the hem of my shirt, not knowing what to do.

All of a sudden he grabs my arm and pulls me with him as we walk to the other lot. "I'm sorry, Av. If I had known he was just being a douche I wouldn't have had you help me with all that." He consoled me as he gave me a half smile- half frown. "It's okay, Roe." I started using his new nickname we had come up with the other day. "It's not your fault. Let's just see where this goes. Who knows, maybe we will actually learn something cool." I said trying to find a bright side to this situation. We began cleaning cars together as that made the work go by quicker.

After Mr. and Mrs. LaRusso drove us to their house we went back to the room we had seen Daniel doing Kata in days prior. I watched on the bench while Robby and Daniel began. "Show me 'wash the windows'!" Daniel calls out before he yelled. "Hai! Hai!" He yelled as they did the moves. "Show me 'wax on, wax off'." Daniel said to Robby before yelling out again. "Hai! Hai!" he yelled as they did the moves, again. Daniel then gets into his fighting position before yelling. "Aitz!" He calls out as they begin to slowly go through the moves. The movements were semi-slow as Robby defended against Daniels punches.

As they finished going through the movement Daniel has a proud look upon his face as Robby looks shocked as if he didn't realize he did anything. "Woah..." Robby said while looking between his hands, Mr. LaRusso and then me. I made sure to continuously check the time so I could make it to the dojo on time. I noticed that it was getting close so I decided to leave now. "Shoot, I have to go. You did a really good job, Roe. Thank you so much Mr. LaRusso." I said before quickly giving Robby a hug and running out. Since I had already worn training clothes I decided that I would just throw on my gi over what I had on when I got there.