Chapter 30

I stuff my gi into my backpack along with some extra clothes, just in case. I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, filling up my water bottle as I heard the TV turn on to the water weather channel. I screwed on the top before walking to the living room. On the couch sat Sam and Daniel, both on their phones on opposite ends of the couch. "Hey guys, um, I'm running a bit behind so I'm gonna have to head out now." I said as I walked past them into the front door. "Good luck, Av! I'm sure you'll be great." Sam says to me, turning towards me from the couch. I smile and nod, still feeling awkward about the whole situation from last night. I open the door and go to step out. "Aviva, wait." Daniel says, getting up from the couch. I turned to him as he approaches me, still feeling bad about lying to him in the back of my mind. 

"Kick some ass, but remember to focus. Just like how you and Robby trained at the tree." He says pulling me into a hug. "Will do. I have to go now though. See you guys later!" I say, slipping out of the hug and starting my run to the tournament. Once I got there I started walking into the building, not seeing anyone outside. I took a deep breath and continued searching as someone turned me to the side. "We need to talk." Miguel says as he leads me to an empty hallway. I can feel my anxiety come to the surface as we stop. "Miguel, I'm so sorry for not telling you about-" I start trying to explain myself and hopefully save our friendship. I'm cut off by him pulling me into a bone crushing hug. "Shut up, Av. I should be the one apologizing. I'm so fucking sorry for what happened. It was an accident and I was drunk." Miguel says to me before letting go of me, holding my face with his hands. 

I put my hands over his and smile. "We both did stuff wrong but I'm just glad we are okay." I said before he hands me a black gi. I grab it with a confused expression since up until today we all white ones. "You missed Sensei's speech but I grab your gi since I knew you were just running behind." He tells me while picking up his bag and walking out of the hallway, most likely to go change. I followed in suit to look for the girls locker room or at least the girls bathroom. I wandered around completely lost until, somehow, Aisha found me. "There you are! Come on, locker rooms this way." She said while grabbing my arm and dragging me after her. We probably ran across the whole building before meeting everyone from Cobra Kai outside of the boys locker room. 

"I got her. Is it all clear?" She asks which makes me confused. There is no way in hell that they only have boys locker rooms. Bert nods his head before Aisha pushes me inside. "Hurry up and change Sensei will be back any minute." She told me before standing in the doorway, making sure nobody comes in. I quickly change before walking outside, lightly nudging Aisha out of the way. As Johnny made his way towards us, we could hear the announcer calling out the team names. "Okay, guys. When you go in, you'll be going in like badasses. Chanting 'Cobra Kai' before they even call us up." He says, trying to talk over the announcer to make sure we can all hear him. "Let's do this!" I yell out to everyone. We all start getting excited and yelling and Miguel starts the Cobra Kai chant. Starting with Miguel, we all start running out. I was more towards the middle, next to Bert. 

The announcer was finishing our introduction as I could hear Moon cheering for Hawk. I rolled my eyes at her, still upset with the fact that her and her friends bullied my friends and I but somehow I was the only one without an apology. "And finally, fighting unaffiliated from North Hills, we have Mr. Robby Keene." The announcer stated, finishing up introductions. I feel like my breath is knocked out of me as he runs out, coming in front of my dojo. As he runs past us, he slows down in front of me, giving me time to not as a symbol of good luck and he does the same to me. He then reaches Johnny where they hold eye contact for a questionable amount of time while Robby smirks. He then continues to his place near a team with bright red gis. 

"All right, folks. Get ready. It's karate time." The announcer says before the crowd starts clapping and cheering. By the quarterfinals, from Cobra Kai, it's just Miguel, Aisha, Hawk and I. There's also Xander from Topanga karate, Robby by himself, David from All-Star Karate and one other person I don't know. First it was Miguel and the person I didn't know. Luckily, Miguel won and made it to the semi finals. I was up next after Aisha. Unfortunately, she couldn't be her opponent. Xander moved onto the semi-finals to compete against Miguel. Now it was my turn. We stepped up on the mat. My opponent was David from All Star karate. The first round begins, and David pulls out a few flips which I luckily dodge. As we start throwing punches and blocking each other's moves, I quickly throw a punch which he blocked before sweeping his leg.

As he's down on the ground I kneel and punch his chest, winning the first point. Now it's time for the second round. "Bow to me." The ref says, we follow his instruction. "Bow to each other." He spoke again causing us to bow to each other. As I stood up I notice a familiar figure over the corner of David's shoulder. My father was standing across the room, staring me down. I froze in my spot, feeling like I couldn't breathe. All sounds and movements surrounding me paused as I stared at my father. "Fight!" The ref calls out, which snaps me back into reality. David started his attack as I attempt to block all his moves before I also try to throw some punches. He could tell I was off my game so he kept up on the offense. He then kicks my ankle causing me to reach forward and pull my knee to my chest. 

The pain in my ankle was so intense I thought I broke it. Then David grabbed my ponytail and yanked it towards the ground. As I fell, I smacked my head causing a pain in my temple. "Illegal contact! David from All Star Karate is disqualified!" The ref yells as Johnny and the rest of Cobra Kai ran over to me. "What the fuck just happened?" I asked nobody in particular. "Aviva, are you okay?" Johnny asked me as he pulls me into a sitting position. "My ankle hurts like a bitch." I told him as I scanned the room, looking to see if I actually saw my father or if maybe it was just my nerves. Miguel grabs my face and make me look at him." Av, stop moving around. You hit your head hard." He says to me before letting go of my head. "Can you ask everyone a back up?" I say, my head going a million miles a minute due to everyone talking. Miguel nods his head and starts ushering people back. 

"I'm gonna see where I should be bringing you, okay?" Johnny asked me as he stood up. I nod my head before rolling up the leg of my gi. As I want to touch my ankle, my wrist was grabbed in an effort to stop me. "Don't touch it, Aviva." They say to me before I look up. Daniel was pushing my arm back towards me. "You guys came?" I asked for the surprise and happy look on my face. "Of course we did. Your family now and family takes care of family." He says to me while putting his hand on my shoulder. "All right Aviva, we got to go to the locker room." I hear Johnny say, obviously not realizing who I'm talking to. "What the hell. LaRusso, back off." He says as he stands on the other side of me. "I'm just trying to help Johnny." Daniel retorts as he stands up, facing Johnny. "Why don't you both shut up and help me to the locker room." I say to them as I start to stand up. Each of them put an arm over their shoulder and help me walk off the mat and to the locker room.

----------------------------------------

------------------

Okie dokie yall, another chapter coming tomorrow (hopefully)! There should be a few more chapters left  (3ish more maybe) so get ready! Thanks for reading and I hope yall enjoy!!

-Jules<3