Chapter 29

While I watch them flirting I finished my second beer and grabbed a third one. As the night went on Miguel and I stuck together, drinking many beers and talking gibberish. Aisha and Demetri would stop by to check up on us or just keep an eye on us from a far. They knew something was up with Miguel and Sam, we all did, yet I knew nobody could figure out why I was drinking so heavily. At this point in the night, fires were the only lights we had, music was blaring and people were everywhere. Kissing, drinking, dancing or just talking, you name it. As Miguel finished another beer, Aisha walked up to us. "Another one?" She asked, lifting her own cup. Concern could be seen on her face and in her words. Miguel burped in response, swaying in his drunken state. I had decided to stop drinking about an hour ago after I had almost face planted into the ground. I could tell I was still drunk but I was sobering up. "Are you good?" Aisha asked us watching Miguel stumble bit. 

"Yeah I took a break from drinking an hour-ish ago." I told her while holding Miguel's hoodie to keep him upright. "Yeah, I'm fine Aisha." Miguel told her, placing his hand on her shoulder and nodding his head. "Thanks." Miguel said before walking off. "All right." Aisha acknowledged him while he threw his bottle to the floor and continued walking to the cooler. "We need to cut him off soon. He's not looking too hot." Aisha said to me. I nod my head in agreement, making my head feel fuzzy due to me still being tipsy. "I'll stop drinking for the night. Keep an eye on him and you guys have your fun." I told her while shrugging. "Okay, I'm gonna refill my cup then." She said before walking away, tipping her cup to me in a funny manner. I made my way over to Miguel and Demetri as Miguel slammed the cooler shut. I grabbed his arm as he stumbled again, and held him with me as I talk to Demetri. 

"Hey D, how has your night been?" I asked him, knowing I was too drunk earlier to have an actual conversation with him. "Well besides checking up on you two I have been standing by myself since Eli ditched me for Moon." He nodded towards the pair. We all looked over to see them making out. "Yeah I can't deal with that right now. The fact that she used to bully us and they're doing that makes me sick." I told him as Miguel slipped from my hold, walking off to find more alcohol. "Yeah I feel like I don't even know him anymore." Demetri told me with a frown on his face. I put my hand on his shoulder. "You should talk to him. Maybe you can knock some sense into him. "I told him with an empathetic smile before walking off to find Miguel. During my journey to find the drunk teen, I bumped into Aisha. 

"Hey, Av. How's watching Miguel?" She said with a smirk, seeing that he was nowhere around us. "Oh, a joyous ride." I sarcastically put the search with a small shove to the shoulder, not even moving her. All of a sudden Aisha's mood changes and she slightly pushes me to her side, turning around I understood why. "Hey!" Yasmine yells at us, causing the surrounding people to also stop talking. Hawk and Moon then cam up and stood by our side, trying to see what the hell was going on. "You think its funny crashing my party?" Yasmine continued, a pissed expression on her face. "Its not really your party cause we were here first." Aisha responded to Yasmine. An unbothered shrug coming from her as she titled her head slightly. "Yeah, well, I know you and your little karate gang think your so cool, but we all remember who you really are." Yasmine says while taking a step forward. Attempting to be intimidating and trying to make us shrink. 

"Watch yourself." I say to her while giving her a look up and down. Its time for me to face the music and stop being scared of everything and anything. "Look who it is, Sam's slutty buddy." She says to me before directing her attention back to Aisha. "You're just a fugly bitch, and your friends are all freaks." She continues to disrespect us before looking to Moon. "C'mon Moon, lets go." Yasmine finishes as she takes a step back, waiting for Moon to join her. "No, I'm staying. I apologized to Aisha for what we did, and you should too." Moon says, ditching her supposed best friend. I roll my eyes at her, no apology for me I guess. "Whatever. You deserve them Moon." Yasmine looks at Moon with a disgusted face before leaving. As she walks past us she shoulder checks Aisha and I.